Life In LC

It looks like the rain season is going to kick in this weekend for real.

in Headline Feed
________________

 

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column It’s Just Not The Same, And That’s Too Bad.

 

________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. This is your last chance to win this week. The city of San Francisco, CA has it’s own “air conditioner” caused by upwelling. What is “upwelling” and how does it keep the area cool? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

ADVISORIES:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY UNTIL 6 PM SUNDAY FOR  THE NORTH OREGON CASCADES AND THE CASCADES OF LANE COUNTY
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM UNTIL 11 AM SATURDAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST AND THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM UNTIL 8 PM SATURDAY FOR CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY
  • A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM UNTIL 5 AM SATURDAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST.

A Blue-Green Algae warning continues for Tenmile Lakes in Coos County, Fern Ridge Reservoir, Lost Creek Lake,  and  at Devils Lake. Water monitoring has confirmed the presence of blue-green algae that can produce toxins, state public health officials said. The algae levels are likely associated with dangerous cyanotoxin concentrations in the water that can be harmful to humans and animals. Swallowing or inhaling water droplets, as well as skin contact with water, should be avoided according to the authorities.
________________

An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch” shape) is moving away from the Pacific Northwest to be replaced by an upper level low (Shaded “U” shape). Don’t forget that this is the weekend when we “Fall Back” and turn our clocks back one hour to return to Standard Time. The official time is 2 AM Sunday, but bedtime Saturday is when most people set their clocks. The local firefighters recommend that you check the batteries in your smoke alarms, Co2 detectors, and Radon gas detectors to make sure they are functioning properly.

 

 

 ________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, becoming mostly cloudy with rain late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible),
  • Rain Saturday AM, showers in the afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), showers likely (70%) Saturday night (0.15 in. of rain possible) and Sunday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM showers, a good (50%) chance of rain Monday afternoon, then rain likely (60%) Monday night.
  • lows 47-40 warming to 43 Monday night highs 55-48.
  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  • A (30%) chance of showers Wednesday, a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday and Thursday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday.
  • highs 52-55 cooling to near 50 lows 43-38. (seasonal averages high 58 low 40)
________________

FridayForecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, more clouds with rain late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and cooler with rain Saturday AM, showers in the afternoon (0.35 in. of rain possible), showers likely (60%) and colder late Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,000 ft. late at night).
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Sunday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,000 ft.) and Sunday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,500 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Monday, then rain likely (60%) Monday night.
  • lows 48-40 rising to 43 Sunday night highs 66-50.
  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of showers with areas of fog late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with patchy fog and a slight (20%) of showers Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday and Thursday night,
  • Then showers likely (60%) Friday.
  • highs 50-58 cooling to 53 Wednesday night lows 42-46 cooling to 42 Wednesday night. (seasonal averages high 60 low 43)

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy inland this evening otherwise becoming mostly cloudy with rain developing late tonight (0.15 in. of rain possible),
  • AM rain, showers Saturday afternoon (0.35 in. of rain possible), showers likely (70%) Saturday night (0.15 in. of rain possible),
  • Showers likely (60%) Sunday (0.15 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of coastal showers Sunday night while showers likely (60%) inland (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Monday, then rain likely (70%) at night.
  • lows 47-40 warming to 45 Monday night highs 55-52 warming to 55 Monday.
  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Tuesday, a (40%) chance of showers with patchy fog late Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with areas of fog and a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday and Thursday night,
    Then showers likely (60%) Friday.
  • highs 55-52 lows 47-43 warming to 47 Thursday night. (seasonal averages high 59 low 45)

________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County:

  • Mostly clear this evening, more clouds to mostly cloudy with rain developing late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow Saturday AM, rain and snow showers and cooler in the afternoon (0.75 in. of rain possible, 1-3 in. of snow possible) and windy (wind: SW 25-30 mph shifting W 15-25 mph in the afternoon), rain and snow showers and colder Saturday night (0.50 in. of rain possible, 3-6 in. of snow possible),
  • Snow showers Sunday AM, rain and snow showers in the afternoon, rain and snow showers likely (60%) in the evening, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers late Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday AM, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow in the afternoon, then rain and snow likely (70%) Monday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight, 5,500 ft. falling to 4,000 ft. Saturday afternoon, 3,000 ft. Saturday, 2,500 ft. at night and Sunday, 3,500 ft. Sunday night, 3,000 ft. Monday, then 4,000 ft. Monday night.
  • lows 37-24 warming to 28 Monday night highs 39-32.
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday, a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday night,
  • Rain and snow likely (60%) Thursday and Thursday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) Friday.
  • snow level 6,000 ft. Tuesday and Tuesday night, 5,500 ft. Wednesday, 6,500 ft. at night, 4,500 ft. Thursday, then 3,500 ft. Friday.
  • highs 38-42 cooling to 38 Friday lows near 29.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00
Go to Top