Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
Today’s headlines are brought to you by the Rick Dancer TV show. In case you missed it for a really uninteresting Super Bowl – Here’s the show.
- Police seek suspect after attempted kidnapping on bike path
- Scammer tries to convince people they’re wanted for arrest
A scam has people convinced they’re wanted for arrest and will be arrested unless they pay hundreds of dollars
- Oregon officials debate mercury presence in river
State and local agencies in Oregon are at odds over whether toxic mercury is present in the McKenzie River, which has a reputation as one
- Clerical error gives big taxpayer a temporary $1.3 million discount
The top taxpayer in Lane County nearly got a big break on its property taxes. County Assessor Mike Cowles told
- Track seeks financial footing
- Should Targeting Be a Felony?
- Oregon’s Top ‘Recruits’ Add Nothing to Recruiting Rankings
A little over a month ago, Budda Baker, a prized recruit out of Bellevue High School in Washington, had Duck fans screaming with joy and Husky fans howling in agony when he announced he was going to play football at Oregon. It sounded great
- Ducks Sink Vikings, 6-1
Oregon downs Portland State 6-1 on Super Bowl Sunday to complete its sweep of in-state rivals from Portland
- Manning Lack of Leadership Sinks Broncos Super Bowl Hopes
In the worst beating since coming to Denver, Manning managed a safety, two interceptions, a fumble, a sack and a turnover on downs. The Seahawks took no prisoners in the 43 – 8 bronc ride.
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather