Life In LC

Extension cord ignited fire that destroyed Corvallis house

in Headline Feed by

A fire that destroyed a house in Corvallis Tuesday was started by an extension cord that was plugged into an electric blanket.

The house, which 17 firefighters and 3 engines were called to at 4 p.m. Tuesday, was a total loss, said Jim Patton, the fire prevention officer with Corvallis Fire Department.

The house was located at 3049 N.W. Orchard Ave.

Patton said the fire was started by a 100 foot long extension cord that had been curled tightly with combustibles piled on top of it, which prevented heat from dispersing from the cord, and eventually it melted and sparked the fire.

According to Patton, the house’s sole occupant was not home at the time of the fire.


For more click to continue on to

Latest from Headline Feed

Placeholder

EUG-ART404

07/17/2018 to 07/17/2018 - Head to Maurie Jacobs Park to see artists creating in

Pork Floss Buns

52 weeks of baking – Local Favorites When I was a kid
Go to Top