Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Tic-Tac-Toe In The Sky Or Something More Sinister?
- Weekend Crime Wrapup – Lane County Bookings & Mugshots – Part One
Part One of the Lane County Bookings and Mugshots Weekend Wrapup
- Where Did The Week Go…
WDTWG has Keanu Reeves in a home invasion, bank robber Jahson Marryshow caught playing frisbee and Derrick Skou bit by a bat while playing the guitar
- Bikers Take Over for Sunday Streets
Thousands of residents used nothing but foot-powered transportation Sunday. Eugene Sunday Streets returned for its second event of the summer, this time in the Harlow neighborhood. Organizers say they hope the free community event
- Marchers Push for Climate Change Action
Eugene was just one city participating in a worldwide call to action, pushing to combat climate change. Hundreds of people packed into the Free Speech Plaza Sunday to raise awareness about climate change. “We need to work to
- Witnesses Recount Quincy Ave Shooting
Law enforcement agencies are staying tight-lipped about an investigation into a shooting in Cottage Grove Saturday night. Oregon State Police, Lane County Sheriff’s Office, Eugene Police Department and the district att
- DA: Officer justified in shooting suspect at Albany gas station
The Linn County district attorney has cleared a Springfield police officer who shot a 44-year-old woman after she pointed a realistic-looking pellet gun at officers following a car chase last month.
- Man shot at Gateway Village Apartments parking lot in Springfield
A 27-year-old Springfield man was shot multiple times in the Gateway Village Apartments early Sunday morning, the Springfield Police Department said.Officers were called out to the hospital at around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after the man arrived at Riverbend …
- Police investigate reported officer-involved shooting
Law enforcement is looking into an officer-involved shooting in Cottage Grove Saturday night.
- Sexual predators targeted by Eugene police stings
More than 80 men responded within three hours to an ad on social media that was written by an undercover Eugene police detective pretending to be a teenage girl.
- Laurel Grove Cemetery Cleanup
Pieces of Eugene’s history are being exposed Saturday thanks to some volunteers who cleaned up a cemetery. The Springfield Rotary Club and board members of the Laurel Grove Cemetery on Judkins Road in Eugene gathered to
- Mike Merrell’s Three-and-Out: Winston, Bruins and Ducks
There are those Duck fans with the attitude that anything less than a three touchdown win is just unacceptable, and they are heaping criticism on the Duck coaching staff. Some even go so far as to say that the only reason Oregon beat WSU was a favorabl
- Surviving Pullman on ‘Struggling Saturday’
This is what we wanted, right? The Oregon fan’s burden has always been that there will never be enough respect for the Ducks: that the offense is a gimmick, that their schedule isn’t tough enough, largely due to playing in an
- Olympians Teach Local Swimmers
The Sheldon Pool was filled with dozens of swimmers Sunday as they learned skills from some of the best swimmers in the world. Four Olympic swimmers were in the pool Sunday, teaching those young kids some swimming techniques. The O
- Ducks Enter Bye Week Looking to Get Better, Get Healthy
Oregon is 4-0 after beating Washington State on Saturday, 38-31, and ranked No. 2 in the coaches’ poll entering a bye week prior to Arizona’s visit Oct. 2.
- What We Learned: The Marcus Formula
The Concept of Tempered Steel If you aren’t a huge science guy (I for one am not), you might mistake the process of tempering steel for hardening a metal. While increasing steel’s strength, tempering is actually all about softening a metal
- Reaction To New AP Top 25 Poll
College football reporter Adam Rittenberg reacts to the latest AP Top 25 poll, which includes East Carolina for the first time since 2008 and Mississippi State for the first time in two seasons after it broke a losing streak against LSU. Continue readi
- Strong performances for Jordan Hasay and German Fernandez at the USA 5 km Championships
Molly Huddle and Diego Estrada win the races.
- Oregon slips slightly in latest polls
The Oregon Ducks lost some ground in the Amway Coaches Poll following their 38-31 win over Washington State Saturday. After overtaking Oklahoma for the No. 3 spot last week, the Sooners got it right back.
- Mike Leach Unplugged — on FishDuck.com
The narrow loss to No. 2 Oregon wasn’t considered a statement game, according to Cougar head coach, Mike Leach, but “a step in the right direction today.” He went on to say, “I think we just need to focus on
- College Football Nation: JW — Foot-in-Mouth Disease? and Tide Rolls
These are the weekends we live for as college football fans. The drama off the field this week, however, was just as good as on the field thanks to Jameis Winston. This week showed a lot of top teams struggling for the victory while others took care of
- Oregon v. Washington State: Takeaways
Here are my top 10 takeaways from the Oregon win over Washington State, In no particular order here goes: Takeaway #1: Marcus Mariota is the best player in the country. Takeaway #2: Ifo got beat twice on incredible, and I do mean incredible t…
- Oregon gets ‘hit in the mouth’ but leaves Washington State unscathed
Beers were tossed, gestures were made and all Oregon outside linebacker Torrodney Prevot could do was look at the angry Washington State crowd, blow a kiss and wave. With a beaming smile from cheek-to-cheek, Prevot, and the rest of his Oregon teammates
- Oregon Ducks defeat Washington State Cougars 38-31: What they’re saying on Twitter
The Oregon Ducks are 4-0 after beating Washington State 38-31 in their first Pac-12 game of the 2014 season.
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather