Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Comcast’s $2 Billion-a-Year Secret
Comcast’s high-speed internet modem rental service is a $2 billion-a-year business, and the only thing keeping it going is the fact that most people just don’t know. Buy your own modem, and skip the rental fee for good.
- Canned Heat
Here’s the GMO labeling that corporations are shelling out millions to kill. Four little words. That’s what’s at stake in the battle over November’s Measure 92—what appears to be the second-most expensive ballot-measure
- Creswell Barber Shop Reopens After Fire
- Local restaurants dominate chowder competition
- Tractor driver killed in rear-end crash
A car rear-ended a tractor pulling a trailer Monday, killing the driver of the tractor.
- Vehicle catches fire in drive-through
A vehicle caught fire in a restaurant drive-through Tuesday morning.
- Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day
- Man Pinned Between 2 Cars
An elderly man walked away uninjured after he got pinned between his car and another in the Bi-Mart parking lot on River Road. The Eugene-Springfield Fire Department says the man parked his car and got out to go shopping, but his c
- Lane County Jail Bookings for October 10, 2014
Bookings at the Lane County Jail – October 10, 2014 more…
- Eugene Vehicle Break-in Suspect Arrested
Police arrested a man suspected of breaking in to vehicles in the Spencer Butte parking lot this summer. Monday afternoon, An officer found James Edward Walters in his vehicle near the 3600 block of Glenwood Drive. He was arrested
- Frontier Airlines to Leave EUG
The Eugene Airport announced Tuesday that Frontier Airlines will leave the Eugene market at the end of November after a two-season run at the airport. Airport officials said Frontier began its service with seasonal service bet
- OSP Investigates Fatal Motorcycle Crash
Oregon State Police continues its investigation into a fatal motorcycle crash Monday. OSP says around 2:25 p.m., Patrick C. Hope, 67, of Vancouver, Wash., was driving his Harley Davidson Motorcycle on Highway 214 when he drove o
- Hayes Releases Statement on Property
Less than a week after an illegal marriage was revealed, there’s another scandal for Governor Kitzhaber’s Fiancée, Cylvia Hayes. Hayes released a statement saying she lived on a property in Okanogan, Washington
- Chip Kelly’s Amazing Special Teams
Fans will not find football players listed on official rosters as gunners, wings or kick return blockers, but Chip Kelly went out of his way to ensure the Philadelphia Eagles have quality players at…
- Recruiting Update: Five Stars A-Plenty
- Oregon to wear 1994 throwback uniforms
When Oregon steps on the field on Saturday against Washington, the Ducks will be throwing it back a few decades. The 1994 season sticks out for both …
- 20 years commemorating “the pick”
Every Duck fan has either heard of it or watched it replay each Saturday at Autzen Stadium.
- ProDucks update: Dennis Dixon, Clay Matthews and more
Former Oregon players saw a lot of action this week in the NFL.
- Mariota Undaunted by Chance of Rain Showers
Ashley Young of FishDuck.com interviewed Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota during Tuesday’s press conference at the University of Oregon’s Hatfield-Dowling Complex. With Oregon’s prolonged summer weather seemingly coming to an en
- Ducks to Open Up Playbook, Says Hroniss Grasu
Hroniss Grasu spoke with Ashley Young of FishDuck.com at the on-campus press conference at the Hatfield-Dowling Complex Tuesday. Heading into this week’s rivalry game against the University of Washington, Grasu explained that communicat
- Lions break through against Bulldogs
- Oregon Football Practice Report: Oct. 14
The Ducks moved indoors to get out of the rain as they continued working toward Saturday’s showdown with fellow 5-1 team Washington (5 p.m. PT, Fox Sports 1).
- Mariota still undecided about 2015
Marcus Mariota said after Tuesday’s practice that he still doesn’t know what his football future holds in 2015. Oregon’s star quarterback is projected as a top-5 NFL draft pick should he leave. Mariota is a fourth-year junior who reds
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather