Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- HBO Go, Netflix, and The Beginning of The End?
As television channels and movie studios move toward stand-alone streaming services like Netflix and HBO Go, mass media in America is slowly beginning to wake up and smell the new millennium.
- Elk Horn Brewing moves up from food cart to hot new pub on Franklin Boulevard
Elk Horn is located in a building that used to house Carl’s Jr., the fast food dining chain that had offices down in the basement while hamburgers went out the door at street level.
- Claim 52 Brewing Opens In Springfield
A Eugene brewery is staking claim on a new location in Springfield. Started back in 2012, Claim 52 Brewing will now serve up handcrafted beers at the Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation (NEDCO) Sprout! Regional Food
- VIEWPOINT: Closing The Clean Water Act Loopholes
- Growing up Italian: How I Met My Brother From a Different Mother (Gemellino)
In Italy we have a popular saying: You can’t pick your family members, but you can choose your friends. How exciting! I got to have a twin, who is not my brother, but who’s the bestest of friends. If you find this confusing, you are not the only
- Crash closes I-5 near Albany
A crash involving a semi and other vehicles blocked Interstate 5 both north and south on Thursday.
- Woman Sentenced for Stealing Car
Tamela Trice was sentenced to 20 months in prison Thursday after she stole a car that had two kids inside. On Sept. 13, investigators say a mother went into Safeway on Main Street in Springfield. She left the engine on with her two
- Chip Kelly Update: Bird on Bird Violence
After a bye week, perfect for the many injured Eagles to heal up, Philadelphia faces the surging Arizona Cardinals on Sunday in a battle between two of the four remaining one-loss teams. This game…
- Is Royce Freeman the Next ‘X-Man’?
I made a mistake the last time I addressed the Ducks’ running back group. It was early August and everything I was hearing pointed to a two-way race taking place between Byron Marshall and…
- Dana Altman and a bubble machine at 2014 Men’s Basketball Media Day
Oregon head coach Dana Altman and guard Joe Young go behind the scenes at Pac-12 Networks’ 2014 Men’s Basketball Media Day in San Francisco.
- Oregon Ducks vs. California Golden Bears: Game time, TV schedule, odds, streaming and more
The Ducks look to keep their playoff hopes alive as they head to the Bay Area to take on the Cal Golden Bears. Time and Place: 7:00 Pacific, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California TV: FOX Sports 1 Radio: In Oregon, you can listen on the Ore…
- Any Where and Any Time, Devon Allen and the Ducks are Ready to Play
Let’s be real, the Ducks have one of the most dynamic offenses throughout the NCAA. Their ability to rapidly put points on the board causes opponents to feel as if it would be impossible…
- Texas A&M replaces Oregon with Clemson for 2018-19 home-and-home series
Texas A&M has replaced Oregon with Clemson as a high-profile home-and-home opponent for the 2018 and 2019 seasons, the schools announced Thursday night.
- PAC-12 Football Weekend Recap Week 8
Oregon showed what they can do when healthy, but Utah and Southern California really flexed their muscle. UCLA held on for a road victory where Arizona State gained some revenge on Stanford from last season’s conference title game. Here are all t
Oregon Ducks Football Practice Report: October 23rd The Ducks took the practice field on Thursday and had their traditional walk-through for tomorrow night’s matchup against the high-scoring California Golden Bears. The game will be played…
- Sports Agent David Meltzer Visits UO
His name is not Jerry Maguire, but parts of the Hollywood blockbuster were based on his experiences. On Thursday, super sports agent and author David Meltzer will speak at the University of Oregon Lundquist College of Business.
- San Francisco 49ers eye College Football Playoff title game
If things work out the way the San Francisco 49ers are hoping, Friday’s game at Levi’s Stadium between Cal and Oregon will be the first of many colleg…
- Washington State coach Ernie Kent spent 4 years in hibernation, now ready to ‘come out and eat’
“I’ve been asked this question a lot, ‘What’s it like to be back in coaching?'” Kent began. “Number one, any coach that has coached 30-plus years needs a sabbatical. …Unfortunately in our profession, you don’t get an opportunity to do that.
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather