Turkey isn’t the only thing to celebrate during Thanksgiving! This upcoming weekend is one of the best times of the year to go explore all of our local wineries! Nearly every winery is open for tasting, and many have special events. In lieu of my usual review, I wanted to share some exciting events going on near us.
No matter where you decide to head this weekend to go tasting, you will find some amazing examples of the great wines coming out of our vineyards. Here are a few must hit spots from all over Oregon!
A little bit North…
- Airlie Winery: With over 12 different wines to choose from, Airlie Vineyards has a fantastic selection of wines to try. They will also be offering case discounts and delicious food. Open from 12 – 5 pm on Friday (11/28), Saturday (11/29), and Sunday (11/30). Location: 15305 Dunn Forest Rd, Monmouth, OR 97361 Contact: (503) 838-6013
- Benton Lane Winery: Known for excellent estate grown Pinot noir and Pinot gris, Benton Lane is a must try. Open Friday (11/28) and Saturday (11/29) from 12 -5 pm. Live music from 1 – 4 pm. On Sunday (11/30), wood fired oven pizza will be available as well. Location: 23924 Territorial Hwy, Monroe, OR 97456 Contact: (541) 847-5792
- Tyee Wine Cellars: This winery’s 2012 Estate grown Pinot noir was just voted #1 wine in Oregon by Portland Monthly – a must try! Open from 12 – 5 pm the 28th, 29th, and 30th. Location: 26335 Greenberry Rd, Corvallis, OR 97333 Contact: (541) 753-8754
- Brigadoon Vineyards: This family run winery is producing some excellent Pinot blanc and Pinot noir. This weekend they will be open the 28th, 29th, and 30th with daily food and wine pairings. Live music on Saturday. Location: 25166 Ferguson Rd, Junction City, OR 97448 Contact: (541) 998-8708
Closer to Home…
- J.Scott Cellars: An urban winery in the heart of Eugene, J.Scott Cellars produces high quality wines with grapes sourced mostly from Southern Oregon. Open the 28th, 29th, and 30th from 1 – 9 pm. They will feature a guest winery each day (Gerardie Cellars on Saturday and Camp Creek Cellars on Sunday). Local food carts and live music. Location: 520 Commercial St #G Eugene, OR 97402
- Oregon Wine Lab: What a great addition to Eugene’s growing wine community! This place has wines from a few different local wine makers, live music, and local food carts. Open on the 28th from 12 – 10pm, the 29th from 12 – 8 pm, and the 30th from 12 – 6 pm. Check it out! Location: 488 Lincoln St, Eugene, OR 97401
Contact: (458) 201-7413
- Sylvan Ridge Winery: This winery is a staple of the Eugene area. They have been in operation for over 32 years and produce some fantastic varietals. The tasting room will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 12 – 5 pm. Live music from 1:30 – 4 pm. Location: 27012 Briggs Hill Rd, Eugene, OR 97405
Contact: (541) 345-1945
- Noble Estate Winery: This winery is hidden in the hills right outside of Eugene. They produce some fantastic wines at great prices. This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday they will be featuring live music, chocolate tastings, and will be providing a donation bin for Bags of Love (a local foundation that provides necessities to children in need). What a great time! Location: 29210 Gimpl Hill Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Just a tad South…
- Del Rio Vineyards and Winery: Southern Oregon has some great varietals coming out of it, and Del Rio is leading the way. I loved their 2012 Chardonnay and look forward to trying more varietals! This weekend they will be selling mystery cases (while supplies last!) and premiering their 2012 Syrah. They will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 – 5 pm. Location: 52 N River Rd, Gold Hill, OR 97525 Contact: (541) 855-2062
- Brandborg Winery: Nestled in Elkton, Brandborg produces some very nice wines. They make everything from Pinot noir to Cabernet franc. What variety! This weekend they will be open from Friday to Sunday from 11 – 5 pm. Check it out! Location: 345 1st St, Elkton, OR 97436 Contact: (541) 584-2870
- Abacela: If you haven’t been to Abacela yet – you owe yourself a visit. Located just outside of Roseburg, it has a fantastic view and wines to match. They will be having a special event this weekend offering wine tasting, tapas, and a signature wine glass for $15. Location: 12500 Lookingglass Rd, Roseburg, OR 97471
Contact: (541) 679-6642
- Quady North: This winery is truly living the dream. They started their vineyard in 2006, and have acres of many big red varietals (Like Syrah and Cabernet franc!). I highly recommend trying the 2013 Pistoleta – it is one of my favorite finds. Friday (11/28) and Saturday (11/29) the tasting room will be open from 11 – 7 pm. Wine maker Herb Quady will be making an appearance as well! Location: 255 E California St, Jacksonville, OR 97530 Contact: (541) 702-2123
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to go and explore our amazing wineries located throughout Oregon. Whether you head up north for some cold climate Pinot Noir or down south for some big red varietals, this is the weekend to do it. Go out and see what fantastic finds are out there! Cheers!