Life In LC

A Unique Experience: Inn at the 5th

in Features/Firehose/Headline Feed/Rotator by

Escape from your everyday routine and revel in the small touches that make the Inn at the 5th unique. A centrally located, modern designed, boutique hotel in the heart of Eugene. The Inn opened its doors in February 2012 and made its mark as the first hotel in three decades to be built in downtown Eugene.

lobby2

The personalized service and amenities offered at the Inn are unmatched.

“A lot of hotels use the word “boutique” but what we do goes beyond that,” said Jenny Nelson; General Manager of the Inn. “Being a 4-diamond property we provide a different level of service and expectation, and our hotel provides a unique and personalized setting. Eugene was overdue for a hotel such as ours.”

Brian Obie, owner of the Inn at the 5th, announced plans for a second boutique hotel to follow up the success of his popular boutique hotel the Inn at the 5th. The hotel is one of the newer tenants of the iconic 5th street public market. It provides a steady stream of patrons, and further creates a unique experience for the guests at the Inn; a great pairing with the individualized service the hotel provides.

INNATTHE5TH

“Our business is all about the people so we have to ensure that starts with the people who work at the Inn,” said Nelson. “With the expansion of another hotel it will allow more possibilities for growth that wouldn’t necessarily be available with just our small property and hopefully will open the doors and create a place people want to work.”

The second hotel, which broke ground in October, 2015, will be located in downtown Boise, named Inn at the 500 Capital due to its location on 500 Capital Street. One staff member from the Inn has already been relocated to Boise to assist with staffing, and the opening of the new hotel.

“The hotel continues to grow not only in the amount of business that we do, but also from an operational stand point as well. We started a hotel from scratch, no other property’s similar to ours to set as an example, and we still deliver the best service in the Eugene/ Springfield area,” Said Jared Dawson; Sales Coordinator for the Inn at the 5th. “Yes, we have mistakes just like any property, but we take each one and learn from it and better ourselves and our establishment, to better serve our guests. I see this as not only a good step for our business personally but for the community as well. We’re constantly raising the bar for Eugene, showing that you don’t need to go to Portland, or beyond, for great service.”

hotel front

In the four years since the hotel opened its doors it is evident to the community it is doing well, and according to Nelson it has more than exceeded the expectations that were set for it when it opened. The Inn is known by its guests for the individually styled rooms, local art, and overall theme of the hotel.

Jennifer Williams attended Junction City High School where she was the Editor of the Maroon and Gold school newspaper back in 2008. She spent time writing for the Tri-County Tribune a newspaper based in Lane County. Jennifer lives here in Eugene and enjoys touring local breweries, hiking the butte, and is an avid reader of the classics.

Latest from Features

Go to Top