Quantcast
Eugene Daily News
Jennifer Rose

Jennifer Rose

Jennifer Williams attended Junction City High School where she was the Editor of the Maroon and Gold school newspaper back in 2008. She spent time writing for the Tri-County Tribune a newspaper based in Lane County. Jennifer lives here in Eugene and enjoys touring local breweries, hiking the butte, and is an avid reader of the classics.
jennifer.rose.boyer@gmail.com

The Blended Burger Project

The Mushroom Council has partnered with The James Beard Foundation to start a movement to make burgers more nutritious and sustainable by blending mushrooms with the meat creating a more delicious and unique burger experience. They have created the Blended Burger Project, a nationwide competition calling for local chefs to compete to ‘Make Shroom for Improvement in Your Favorite Burgers.’ To participate, chefs and restaurateurs around the U.S. are creating their own unique spin on the blended burger and featuring it on their menus throughout the summer.

Consumers will be able to vote for their favorite burgers on the James Beard Website, and the top five chefs will win a trip to the historic James Beard House in New York City, where they will cook their blended burgers at the welcome reception for the annual James Beard Foundation Food Conference taking place October 17th and 18th, 2016.

Beginning Memorial Day (May 30) and continuing through July 31st, hundreds of restaurants will develop and serve their versions of a blended burger, featuring at least 25 percent fresh mushrooms mixed into the burger patty. Any Eugene based restaurant who would like to participate just needs to select the link below to sign up, and then hit the kitchen to create their own unique blended burger and feature that burger on their summer menu for consumers to vote for them.

To participate:http://www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject/register

Here is the recipe for the classic blended burger:

http://www.mushroominfo.com/classic-blended-burger/

778617fc-4f90-4b82-9377-38e00d958b49

Photo Credit: John Valls Photography

Blended Burger Project™ Features Chefs Nationwide Competing to Make ‘Shroom for Improvement in Your Favorite Burgers

Second annual James Beard Foundation contest encourages chefs to blend mushrooms with meat for more delicious, nutritious and sustainable burgers – customers vote for favorite burgers

New York, NY (May 17, 2016) –This summer, chefs nationwide will reimagine the iconic burger when they take part in James Beard Foundation’s second annual (JBF) Blended Burger Project™, which challenges chefs to blend finely chopped mushrooms with meat to create a more delicious, nutritious and sustainable burger.

Diners across America can cast a vote for their favorite blended burger by visiting jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject. The five chefs with the most votes will win an opportunity to prepare their blended burger at the historic James Beard House as part of the official welcome reception for the Foundation’s annual Food Conference (October 16-18).

To participate in the Blended Burger Project, diners can:

• Visit participating restaurants and order the featured blended burger from May 30-July 31
  • Votefor their favorite burger based on a set of judging criteria at jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject
  • Sharepics of their favorite blended burgers on social media using hashtag: #BlendedBurgerProject
Advertise your business on Eugene Daily News!

Post Tags:

Open Mics

• 03/27/17 Songwriter Night in Eugene, Oregon at Wandering Goat
  • 03/27/17 Open Mic in Eugene, Oregon at First National Taphouse
  • 03/28/17 Acoustic Night w/ Brian Chevalier in Dexter, Oregon at Dexter Lake Club
  • 03/28/17 Rooster’sBlues Jam in Eugene, Oregon at Mac’s
  • 03/28/17 Poetry Open Mic in Eugene, Oregon at Cush
Log in
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!