Fire Crews Respond to Springfield Duplex Fire Overnight, One Man Dead

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. — Fire Investigators said a discarded cigarette is to blame for igniting a Springfield duplex fire that left one man dead.

Eugene Springfield Fire said they responded to the fire at 161 ½ on 19th Street shortly after midnight.

Crews said they forced entry into the home and found a deceased man inside.

Investigators said a discarded cigarette started the small and slow smoldering fire. They said there were no working smoke alarms.

Information regarding the victim’s identity and cause of death have not been released.

Previous Story

Bookings for the Lane County Jail: May 14, 2016

Default thumbnail
Next Story

Crews Conduct Live Fire Training Exercises

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00