Before I get to the sweet treats of Valentine’s Day, let’s consider its savory side. As in gooey mounds of cheese, golden caramelized onions, and smokey bacon, cloaked in creamy custard. That’s right, quiche. Or, in honor of today’s theme, a Sweetheart Tart. Who wouldn’t want chocolate AND a “quiche” on a day set aside for romance.
- Chicken salad: Store-bought rotisserie or home-cooked chicken pairs with fresh garden favorites for a variety of summer salads
- Valentine dessert: Double Trouble!
- Big-batch cooking: Let freezing overnight temperatures assist
- Bring out the pleasure of cooking
- Add vibrancy to the kitchen
- Take comfort with coddled eggs
- Sweetheart tarts: Express love with a home-cooked meal