I have this love-hate thing going with the task of day-in and day-out cooking — which any seasoned cook will tell you, is an entirely different animal than that carefree-and-cookin’-cuz-I-wanna style of cooking. Sometimes it takes a little extra effort to haul my lazy self into the kitchen and face the reality of what cooking on a regular basis really is: work. But once I’ve hit my stride and made a mental leap beyond the chaos the activity creates, and the time it eats up, well, the rewards do come.
- Chicken salad: Store-bought rotisserie or home-cooked chicken pairs with fresh garden favorites for a variety of summer salads
- Valentine dessert: Double Trouble!
- Big-batch cooking: Let freezing overnight temperatures assist
- Bring out the pleasure of cooking
- Add vibrancy to the kitchen
- Take comfort with coddled eggs
- Sweetheart tarts: Express love with a home-cooked meal