- Police: Woman with walker hit by car A car hit an elderly female with a walker on Goodpasture Island Road on Wednesday morning, Eugene Police said.The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries. more...
- Cover Oregon application deadline is Wednesday Wednesday, December 4 is the last day to get the paperwork in for health coverage through Cover Oregon to start on Jan. 1. more...
- 'A patient record was inadvertently sent to an unintended recipient' The medical records of at least two people appear to have been inadvertantly sent to a South Eugene man's personal fax machine. more...
- Eugene YMCA submits proposal for Eugene Civic Stadium site The Eugene YMCA said Tuesday that it had submitted its formal proposal. The pitch includes recreation for 4J students, as well as a component honoring the history of the stadium. more...
Recruiting Update: The Week After the WarFootball Recruiting Visits Oregon may have won more than a football game this past Friday. On the recruiting trail, linebacker Jimmie Swain (4-Star/Olathe, KS) is committed elsewhere (TCU) but his time amid the Autzen Zoo may have shifted his fut more...
- Police: Eugene woman speeding at 100+ MPH caught with heroin
- Sheriff: One stabbed during dispute in north Eugene
- Injuries reported in crash east of Veneta on Hwy 126
- Armed robbery suspects caught after chase through UO campus
- Shooting prompts schools to lock down as police swarm area
- Fire at South Eugene apartment under investigation
- Cottage Grove PD: 'There was never any pipe bomb'
- Crash closes intersection of 7th and Garfield in Eugene
- Panhandler steals car at knife-point when driver offers change
- Boy, 15, survives crash after fleeing police at 90 mph in parent's car
- Skateboarder suffers life-threatening injuries after collision with car
- Former Duck Lyerla rejects drug treatment deal
- School locks down as deputy apprehends wanted man
- Fatal crash on Pioneer Parkway in Springfield
- E-cigarettes added to tobacco ban for Eugene's schools
- 'Bomb' turns out to be bottle full of hypodermic needles
- Main closed at 41st in Springfield for multi-car crash
- Kichen fire fills home with smoke
- Fire burns addition behind Springfield house
- 'We were watching the flames move toward the gas tank'
Neighbors – N : Corvallis – Albany – Brownsville
Tim Chuey WeatherDate 12/04/2013
Have you read Tim Chueys Weather or Not?.
You’ll see sunshine today, then clouds will increase and the chance for snow increases.
High Today: 35
Low Tonight: 23
High Tomorrow: 33
An upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape) is drawing much colder air down to the Pacific Northwest. A frontal system pushed through the West and continues to bring much colder air our way while a trough of (Shaded “U” shape) slides to the east sending snow-producing moisture up at us from the south. There will be some snow, mainly Friday, but so far it looks like the Valley will see from a light dusting to possibly an inch or so of snow.
A FREEZE WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST. A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST. A WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING ABOVE 500 FT. FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST, THE CURRY COUNTY COAST, CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY. A Blue-Green Algae warning has been cancelled for Tenmile Lakes in Coos County, but continues for Fern Ridge Reservoir, Lost Creek Lake, and Willow Creek Reservoir (NE Oregon). Water monitoring has confirmed the presence of blue-green algae that can produce toxins, state public health officials said. The algae levels are likely associated with dangerous cyanotoxin concentrations in the water that can be harmful to humans and animals. Swallowing or inhaling water droplets, as well as skin contact with water, should be avoided according to the authorities.
- Mostly sunny this AM, partly cloudy this afternoon, increasing clouds with snow developing late tonight (1.00 in. of snow possible),
- Cloudy with snow Friday AM, snow tapering off and ending in the afternoon (1-2 in. of snow possible, heaviest south of Eugene), clearing and cold Friday night,
- Mostly sunny Saturday, partly cloudy at night.
- highs 35-28 lows 23-9.
- Partly cloudy Sunday through Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of freezing rain and snow Monday night,
- Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday and Tuesday night,
- Then rain likely (60%) Wednesday.
- highs 32-42 lows 15-33. (seasonal averages high 47 low 35).
- Cover Oregon application deadline is Wednesday December 4, 2013Wednesday, December 4 is the last day to get the paperwork in for health coverage through Cover Oregon to start on Jan. 1. more...
- Eugene YMCA submits proposal for Eugene Civic Stadium site December 3, 2013
- Springfield weighs upgrade to City Hall entry December 2, 2013
- Let there be streetlights: Springfield pushes forward with improvements December 2, 2013
- Oregon's famous Dungeness crab season delayed December 1, 2013
- 22 DUII arrests over Thanksgiving/Civil War weekend December 1, 2013
- Home Wood Heating Advisory November 28, 2013
- Report points out Oregon's reliance on gambling addicts November 25, 2013
- Wood stove burn ban in effect as weather pattern traps smoke November 25, 2013
- Oregon must spend $16M on license security measures November 24, 2013
- Hundreds of orders pour in for girl banned from selling mistletoe December 2, 2013Justice served or justice denied? City still not talking about law preventing girl from selling mistletoe. more...
- Cruizers donate gifts to Sheltercare: 'That's why I wear my patch' November 30, 2013
- 25 years of the free Whiteaker Thanksgiving Dinner November 28, 2013
- Low water in reservoir helps salmon get past dam November 26, 2013
- Eugene institution Louie's Village to close so owner can retire November 26, 2013
Neighbors – S : Roseburg – Coos Bay – Reedsport
The Headlines are compiled from local news feeds as a service to our readers.
more sports on the EDN Sports Page
- 'A patient record was inadvertently sent to an unintended recipient' December 3, 2013The medical records of at least two people appear to have been inadvertantly sent to a South Eugene man's personal fax machine. more...
- Injuiry crash blocks Highway 228 east of Brownsville December 3, 2013Oregon State Police officers have released additional details about Monday evening's two-vehicle traffic crash on Highway 228, which injured two people and closed the highway for about 90 minutes. According to OSP, the accident occurred at about more...
- Motorcycles, generator stolen from Shotgun Creek facility December 2, 2013
- Man runs after crashing stolen car into building December 2, 2013
- City strikes deal with non-profit on pilot homeless camping site November 30, 2013
- Small plane belly landing on runway caught on camera November 29, 2013
- Woman dies in crash on Highway 20 near Lebanon November 28, 2013
more sports on the EDN Sports Page
- Recruiting Update: The Week After the War December 4, 2013Football Recruiting Visits Oregon may have won more than a football game this past Friday. On the recruiting trail, linebacker Jimmie Swain (4-Star/Olathe, KS) is committed elsewhere (TCU) but his time amid the Autzen Zoo may have shifted his fut more...
- Duck the Odds, Week 14 Review: Well, That Got Weird December 4, 2013
- Florida looking to poach Oregon commit December 4, 2013
- Josh Huff on Brink of Making History After Heroic Civil War Performance December 4, 2013
- Salibasic Set to Join Ducks for 2014 Season December 3, 2013
- Lacrosse Signs 10 for 2015 Season December 3, 2013
- Oregon Quarterback Marcus Mariota and Center Hroniss Grasu Will Return to Oregon for 2014 December 3, 2013
- USA Track & Field names the Nike Oregon Project’s Mary Cain ‘Youth Athlete of the Year’ December 3, 2013
- Four Ducks Earn All-Pac-12 Honors December 3, 2013
- Trojans Hire Steve Sarkisian, Reason Unknown December 3, 2013
- BCS Bowl Hopes for Oregon Still Well Alive December 3, 2013
Neighbors – E : Sisters – Bend – Redmond