- Refuge may allow elk hunting Half a century ago, when the William L. Finley National Wildlife Refuge south of Corvallis was established to protect migratory waterfowl, sightings of Roosevelt elk were a rare occurrence in the Willamette Valley. In recent years, however, the more...
- West Eugene EmX: LTD says route a go but foes seek abrupt halt West Eugene EmX is one of the 26 rail, bus rapid transit and streetcar projects in President Obama's proposed budget. Lane Transit District said funding hinges on what Congress does next. more...
- Eugene Rape Suspect Arrested EUGENE, Ore. — A Eugene man is in jail, accused of drugging and raping a teenage girl. After the 17-year-old female victim called 911 on Friday, a SWAT team surrounded an apartment building on the 200 block of West Eighth Avenue. The sixth floor more...
- Florence: Expect traffic delays on bridge
- Ducks down Buckeyes 8-2 EUGENE, Ore. - Tommy Thorpe rebounded from a bad outing with a dominant performance to lead No. 14 Oregon to an 8-2 non-conference win over Ohio State in game one of a three-game series at PK Park on Friday night. Continue reading → more...
- Girl, 13, shot in head with pellet gun
- SWAT responds to downtown apartment building
- Grand Jury Hands Down Murder Charge
- Heartland Media to Acquire KEZI
- USA Today: Proposed NCAA 10 Second Delay Rule Dies From Withdrawl, For Now
- PetSmart evacuated after explosion, smoke
- U.S. Bank Robbed in Eugene
- Krook Pitches Six Strong Innings in PK Park Debut But Oregon Fall 3-2 to Titans
- Sheriff: Eugene bank robber could be Milwaukie kidnapping suspect
- Columbia Bank Robbed in West Eugene
- Police Arrest Suspect Who Hid in Attic
- Fire Crews Declare Home a Total Loss
- Council Moves to Close Whoville Camp
- Siuslaw Elem. on Lockdown This Morning
- EPD Searching for Bank Robber
- Springfield man may have been hit by pickup after jumping from I-5 overpass near Eugene, police say
- Student Robbed near UO
- Testimonies Continue at Gillette Trial
- Fire forces evacuation of LCC building
- Car hits pedestrian on River Road
Neighbors – N : Corvallis – Albany – Brownsville
Tim Chuey WeatherDate 03/08/2014
Have you read Tim Chueys Weather or Not?.
The day will start of quite nice, then the chance of rain will return late in the day. “Spring Forward” tonight.
High Today: 60
Low Tonight: 50
High Tomorrow: 54
A high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape offshore) has taken over for today to dry us out a bit. The chance of rain returns by tonight. Another frontal system will be moving in from the west Sunday as upper level low pressure approaches the coast again.
Remember to “Spring Forward” one hour at bedtime tonight because Daylight Saving Time begins officially at 2 AM Sunday. Also, the Fire Department reminds you to check the batteries in your Smoke Alarms, Co2 Detectors, and Radon Gas Detectors.
A HIGH WIND WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TONIGHT FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST, THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST, THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON, AND THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON.
- Areas of AM fog, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with rain tonight (1.00 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: S 15-25 mph gusts to 35 mph),
- AM rain, showers likely (60%) Sunday afternoon (0.45 in. of rain possible), showers at night (0.30 in. of rain possible).
- Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) Monday, then a (30%) chance of showers at night,
- highs 60-54 lows 50-56.
- Patchy AM, a fog mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night through Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
- Then a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Friday.
- highs 56-59 cooling to 55 Friday lows 35-39. (seasonal averages high 54 low 36)
Air Quality Index: Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 22 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at Springfield City Hall. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 30 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at Willamette Activity Center, Oakridge. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
- Florence: Expect traffic delays on bridge March 7, 2014
- Free Health Clinic Opens In Veneta March 7, 2014
- Branch Library Safe From Budget Cuts March 5, 2014
- Hwy. 99 Southbound Down to One Lane March 5, 2014
- JC Levy Update March 5, 2014
- City of Florence wants a year to consider pot dispensaries March 5, 2014
- Oregon House panel OKs temporary pot dispensary bans March 5, 2014
- Past 45 Arts and Crafts announces imminent closure March 5, 2014
- Board to Discuss Local Option Levy March 5, 2014
- Lane Co. Gets 41 Dispensary Applications March 4, 2014
- Crowd at airport welcomes troops home from Afghanistan March 7, 2014Oregon Army Reserve troops came home to a warm welcome at the Eugene Airport Thursday night. more...
- salpino March 7, 2014
- And Now! March 6, 2014
- Cottage Grove, Territorial Highway launch newest Lane County geocache tour March 6, 2014
- Missing ducks? You're in luck March 5, 2014
Neighbors – S : Roseburg – Coos Bay – Reedsport
The Headlines are compiled from local news feeds as a service to our readers.
more sports on the EDN Sports Page
- Refuge may allow elk hunting March 7, 2014Half a century ago, when the William L. Finley National Wildlife Refuge south of Corvallis was established to protect migratory waterfowl, sightings of Roosevelt elk were a rare occurrence in the Willamette Valley. In recent years, however, the more...
- West Eugene EmX: LTD says route a go but foes seek abrupt halt March 7, 2014West Eugene EmX is one of the 26 rail, bus rapid transit and streetcar projects in President Obama's proposed budget. Lane Transit District said funding hinges on what Congress does next. more...
- Boy, 10, walking from Whoville to Oregon Capitol March 7, 2014
- Accused takes the stand in double murder trial March 7, 2014
- Mascot bill signed into law; schools can keep Native American names March 7, 2014
- Youth suicide bill passes Senate March 6, 2014
- Burning Ceremony Cut Short March 6, 2014
more sports on the EDN Sports Page
- Ducks down Buckeyes 8-2 March 8, 2014EUGENE, Ore. - Tommy Thorpe rebounded from a bad outing with a dominant performance to lead No. 14 Oregon to an 8-2 non-conference win over Ohio State in game one of a three-game series at PK Park on Friday night. Continue reading → more...
- Nick Saban Needs a Swift Boot in the Rear March 8, 2014
- Oregon Ducks Basketball: 3 Simple Rules For Defeating Arizona March 7, 2014
- Timbers season opener, Mo Williams as host, Ducks’ fix-it mode: Best of Sports March 7, 2014
- Concordia’s Darien Moore wins the weight throw at the NAIA Indoor Track & Field Championships March 7, 2014
- Oregon Falls to Utah in Its Pac-12 Opener Friday, 4-0 March 7, 2014
- Brianne Theisen Eaton wins silver in pentathlon; heptathlon gold for husband Ashton Eaton likely to follow at world indoor championships March 7, 2014
- Mertz Announces Spring Exhibition Schedule March 7, 2014
- Ashton Eaton is slightly behind world record pace after the early heptathlon events at the World Indoor: Oregon track & field rundown March 7, 2014
- Nicholas Lucenti Is at the Tail End Of A Fun Ride Playing For The Oregon Ducks March 7, 2014
- Mike Bellotti, Hall of Famer March 7, 2014
Neighbors – E : Sisters – Bend – Redmond