- Bed bugs found at Eugene Library
- Dunes City Council rejects new county license fee request
- Volunteers clean up illegal camp trash along Willamette River
- Haggen to buy 20 Albertsons and Safeway stores in Oregon, pending FTC approval
- Oregon Women Win vs Santa Clara in Double Overtime
- Albany fraudster gets federal prison term for multimillion-dollar securities scheme
Day 5 - May 2014 Bookings for the Lane County Jail
Day Four - April 2014 Bookings for the Lane County Jail
- Van down by the river towed away
- Woman Faces Manslaughter Charges
- 'From the road you could see backbones, you could see ribs'
- Man Sentenced for Thurston Burglary
- Neighbors to Discuss Cell Phone Towers
- Day Three - March 2014 Bookings for the Lane County Jail
- Former teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges
- Day Two - February 2014 Bookings for the Lane County Jail
- Police suspect same man robbed Eugene restaurants
- UPDATE: Missing Noti Woman Found Safe
- Allard Attends Sentencing Hearing
- Ducks Bull Past Matadors 79-56
Neighbors – N : Corvallis – Albany – Brownsville
- Thieves Smash Window, Loot Savory Cafe of Cash and Liquor
- Portland Police: Fleeing driver tosses pipe bombs out of car
- City Auditor's Office Releases Its Investigation Into Portland Police's Treatment of Hip-Hop Shows
- Council Denies Open Carry Ordinance
- Clinic Warns Patients of Possible Breach
Neighbors – E : Sisters – Bend – Redmond
- Ski team bus slides off road, overturns west of Bend
- Community to Facility Privleges
- 2 Soldiers Die in Helicopter Crash
- Bend-Based 10 Barrel Brewing Acquired by Anheuser-Busch
- Pilot Walks Away From Plane Crash
Neighbors – S : Roseburg – Coos Bay – Reedsport
Tim Chuey WeatherDate 12/20/2014
Have you read Tim Chueys Weather or Not?.
Rain, heavy at times, today and Sunday could produce 2-5 inches of rainfall over the 48-hour period for some of us.
High Today: 53
Low Tonight: 52
High Tomorrow: 55
A strong upper level trough of low pressure sent a frontal system through Oregon a bit quicker than I expected and there is a bigger space between storms. That’s why we saw sunshine that we weren’t expecting and not the rain we were expecting Friday. More frontal activity Sunday night through Monday will continue the rainy weather pattern. Not enough snow for Hoodoo or Willamette Pass Ski to open, but there has been enough for Mt. Ashland to open for business today. The new snow in the mountains will be rain in the valleys which has the potential for causing flooding.
A FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON FOR VIRTUALLY ALL OF WESTERN OREGON FROM THE COAST THROUGH THE CASCADES. A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM TODAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST AND THE THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST. A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM THIS EVENING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST. A FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST, THE CURRY COUNTY COAST, AND CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY. A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TODAY UNTIL 9 PM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL, AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY. A HEALTH ADVISORY CONTINUES FOR THE PRESENCE OF BLUE-GREEN ALGAE AT LOST CREEK LAKE , LOCATED 30 MILES NORTHEAST OF MEDFORD ON THE ROGUE RIVER IN JACKSON COUNTY AND AT DEVILS LAKE IN LINCOLN COUNTY. THE TOXIC ALGAE BLOOM MEANS THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DRINK OR HAVE DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE AFFECTED WATER AND THAT ALSO GOES FOR ANY PETS.
- Mostly cloudy with rain, possibly heavy today (1.50 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: S 15-25 mph), rain and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph), tonight (1.50 in. of rain possible),
- Rain Sunday, possibly heavy at times in the AM, rain likely (70%) Sunday night,
- Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, then a (30%) chance of rain at night.
- highs 53-55 lows 52-48.
- Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Tuesday, rain likely (70%) Tuesday night,
- Showers likely (70%) Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night (Christmas Eve),
- Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday (Christmas Day), then just partly cloudy Thursday night and Friday.
- highs 54-42 lows 43-32. (seasonal averages high 45 low 35).
Film Fanatic: 'The Interview' Canceled, 'Star Trek 3' News, Mark Wahlberg News December 19, 2014
A Winter Wine-der Land December 19, 2014
The Frugal Wine Gal: 2013 Pistoleta December 18, 2014
Growing Up Italian: I left my heart in Senigallia. December 17, 2014
- First Cidery Open in Eugene December 16, 2014
It Wasn't A "Perfect Storm" But It Tried. December 16, 2014
Film Fanatic: Sony and Marvel Discussed Sharing Spider-Man, McDonald's Movie December 13, 2014
- Changes at Aunt Ding’s December 13, 2014
- Giant Gingerbread House in Junction City December 12, 2014
Growing up Italian: Southern comfort (food) December 11, 2014
The Headlines are compiled from local news feeds as a service to our readers.
more sports on the EDN Sports Page
- Dunes City Council rejects new county license fee request December 19, 2014
- Van down by the river towed away December 18, 2014
- Neighbors to Discuss Cell Phone Towers December 18, 2014
- Former teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges December 18, 2014
- Police suspect same man robbed Eugene restaurants December 18, 2014
more sports on the EDN Sports Page
- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu sends video message to Ducks fans December 19, 2014
- Emerald Quick Hits: Travis Waller to enroll early, women’s hoops roars to win in double OT December 19, 2014
- Will Oregon’s Defensive Secondary Seize the Moment? December 19, 2014
- Three Things FSU Needs to Do in the Rose Bowl December 19, 2014
- Young Ducks With A Chance To Fly December 19, 2014
- Oregon Football Practice Report: Dec. 19 December 19, 2014
- Oregon Offers Scholarship to 4-Star California WR Javon McKinley December 19, 2014
- Oregon baseball’s Shaun Chase and Cole Irvin named Preseason All-Americans December 19, 2014
- Oregon Women Win vs Santa Clara in Double Overtime December 19, 2014
- Oregon 4-Star QB Waller to Enroll Early December 19, 2014