Main Questions To Ask When Hiring Movers
After the search for a reliable moving service is behind and you have chosen the one that suits your needs, it is crucial to invite representative to provide the estimation procedure. Also it is important to show all the belongings you are planning to take with you and get rid of all useless stuff like old furniture, cloths, or kitchen appliances. The best way to do that is by organizing a garage sale or donating it all to charity.
When inviting moving agent to your place, it is vital to have a list of questions you are curious about in order to avoid awkward situations and misunderstandings in future. Pay attention to additional services that require extra payment, we will tell you more about them later. If you are still looking for reliable movers, you could check here to make the right choice. Here are examples of questions you may ask your movers:
Ask whether the company hires subcontractors or is performing everything using its own efforts?
- In case third parties are included in the process, you have to spend more time providing background research and making sure every involved party is licensed and insured;
- Learn more about rates, fees, and discounts available;
- Discuss additional services like packing or unpacking you would like to order;
- If there is a packing service included – clarify whether it is full or partial and what kind of materials are used to protect your fragile items;
- In case you are dealing with long-distance move find out more about the storage facilities and what is their cost;
- Clarify the type of insurance offered as you may need to address the third party for ensuring full-value protection;
- Discuss deadlines and make a schedule to follow. Make sure the hired company is able to meet your deadline and deliver your belongings in accordance with your plan;
Don’t be afraid to ask for references as every reputable service gladly will offer you some of them. Contacting previous client will help you make the right decision.
Additional Services That Require Extra Payment
Additional services offered by moving companies are real savers if you have no time to manage everything by yourself. Still, if you are planning to save some money, it is wiser to try handling as much as possible without professional assistance. Here are some of the most popular services available:
- We all have large furniture that is rather hard to handle by your own. Disassembly or reassembly of your bulky and large items is one of many services you can order. As a rule, movers have special equipment and experience with that. Moreover, you will be safe from any accidents;
- Taking heavy items up or down the stairs requires special training and can be done by professionals as well;
- Storage facilities are also available for company’s clients;
- Hoisting is rather useful if you are living in multi stored building.
All these services are useful and worth ordering to make your life easier. Make your choice!