- Eugene councilors get disturbing primer on gangs
The Eugene City Council fell silent on Monday night as disturbing images were displayed on a large screen before them. Eugene police Det. Greg Harvey showed councilors a video of five local gang members beating a young man as part of his initiation int…
- Police issue citations to those found sitting on stone wall in Park Blocks
At least two people have been cited by Eugene police for sitting on the stone walls in downtown Eugene’s Park Blocks, and one of the two has been found not guilty by a Municipal Court judge. Police say the citations have been issued in the interest o…
- Eugene Police Allow Occupy Camp to Stay
Camping out in Eugene city parks from 11 p.m.-7 a.m. is illegal, but Eugene police say they aren’t kicking out the Occupy overnighters. The city is letting the group violate those rules to get their message across. EPD establi…
- Springfield man receives 15-year rape sentence
A 27-year-old Springfield man was sentenced Monday to 15 years in prison for raping a woman while she was passed out after a night of drinking. A Lane County Circuit Court jury last week convicted Lamar Alex Davis of first-degree rape in connection wit…
- Lights removed from Civic Stadium
Forty year old light structures were causing tremendous stress for seventy year old roof.
- Occupy Eugene camp could cost hundreds their Market jobs
The occupation has set up a tent city right where the downtown Tuesday and Saturday Markets take place, forcing market organizers to move. The occupiers are not clear on when they will leave.
- Occupy Eugene tent city is mostly quiet
So far, Occupy Eugene, the tent city that rose overnight on the Park Blocks on Oak Street between Eighth Avenue and Park Street, hasn’t disrupted business much in that part of downtown. Patrons were free to enter nearby banks, offices and retail busi…
- Enrollment rates reach all-time high for University, OUS
University officials estimate enrollment and retention rates to be at record-breaking highs for the 2011-12 academic school year. Although official numbers have yet to be released, total enrollment for the University this fall term is estimated to be a…
- The District closes temporarily with hopes of reinvention
Shootings, a stabbing, shady people and cheap drinks have all been part of the rumored image of The District nightclub in recent years. This image is why the owners have temporarily shut down the club in an attempt to find a new look and clientele. The…
- Darron Thomas jogs out of practice
After leaving Oregon’s 41-27 win over Arizona State in the 3rd quarter Saturday, Darron Thomas jogged out of practice inside the Moshofsky Center Monday.
Tim Chuey Weather:
More sunshine and warmer for your Tuesday. How long can the Summer-like weather last?
Rain: slight chance
A high pressure ridge (“arch” on the orange jet stream line) is strengthening up to give us some more dry days. High pressure at the surface will combine with the upper air ridge to clear us out for some more sunshine today. Another upper level low (“U” shape on jet stream line) will set up off the coast and a frontal system will move in to by Thursday to bring back the rain and cooler temperatures.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, sunny and a bit warmer this afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the evening, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers late tonight, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday AM, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler in the afternoon, just mostly cloudy Wednesday night, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday night highs 72-60 lows 46-44. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Friday, a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of rain Sunday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Sunday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Monday highs near 63 lows near 45. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com