At least a slight chance of getting wet until late Saturday, then dry and slow warming again. Still holding a bit below average for high temperatures.

_______________

 

_______________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

________________

An upper level trough of low pressure (“U” shape) has moved into the Pacific Northwest and will keep us alternating between periods of  clouds and cooler temperatures, and even some light rain or drizzle, then back to some more sunshine and warming temperatures. A frontal system is approaching the coast and will bring a chance of showers through Saturday evening with clearing and warming behind it for the rest of the weekend into next week when there will be another cool down.

________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with AM rain likely (60%) Saturday, partly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy late Saturday night and Sunday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun Monday, then partly cloudy Monday night lows 55-50 warming back to 55 Monday highs 73-79.  Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night, then just partly cloudy Wednesday through Friday highs 74-79 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 82 low 51)

_______________

The Pollen forecast for the Eugene/Springfield Area is for trees and weeds to be low, and Grass to be moderate. (Provided by Allergy and Asthma Research Group)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, just mostly cloudy late Saturday night through Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night lows 57-54 warming to near 60 Monday night highs 72-801. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday evening,  a slight (20%) chance of showers and drizzle Tuesday night and Wednesday, mostly cloudy in the evening, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and drizzle late Wednesday night through Thursday AM, then just partly cloudy Thursday afternoon  through Friday highs near 80 lows near 54. (seasonal averages high 86 low 55)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers tonight, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, a slight (20%) chance of showers in the evening, mostly cloudy with patchy coastal fog late Saturday night and Sunday AM, just mostly cloudy Sunday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night through Monday night lows 57-53 warming to 56 Monday night highs near 64. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and drizzle late Tuesday night through Thursday AM, then partly cloudy Thursday afternoon through Friday highs 68-64 lows 50-53. (seasonal averages high 67 low 53).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), and Saturday AM, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night and Sunday AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of afternoon showers, partly cloudy Sunday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight through Sunday, free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Sunday night, then a snow level above 8,000 ft. Sunday night through Monday night lows 44-40 rising to 45 Monday night highs 57-65. Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday, then just partly cloudy Thursday through Friday snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday through Wednesday, free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, then rising to 13,000 ft. Friday highs 69-70 lows 40-45 cooling to 40 Friday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at EugeneDailyNews.com.

________________

 

Previous Story

E. coli bacteria found in Bend resort’s water

Next Story

Behind the Glass

Latest from Headline Feed