- Former SELCO assistant manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
A former SELCO Credit Union assistant branch manager admitted in federal court Tuesday that she used her supervisory position to conceal her theft of nearly $150,000 between 2003 and May of this year. Lenora Jane Colburn, 49, pleaded guilty to a single…
- Truck theft results in quick recovery by CG police
On Tuesday afternoon Cottage Grove’s Dave Ward could hardly believe his eyes when he saw his truck and trailer being driven north on Harvey Road by a stranger. “I was servicing an account near Safeway, my son and I were just finishing up,
- Eugene voting wards adjusted
The Eugene City Council on Monday night unanimously approved relatively minor changes to City Council ward boundaries, as part of the once-in-a-decade redistricting exercise. Most of the boundaries of the eight wards will remain the same, but some adju…
- Eugene officer’s memorial to be improved
Springfield City Council member Joe Pishioneri says plans are in the works for a permanent marker to eventually replace the current collection of flags, flowers and memorabilia.
- LCC President named CEO of the year
Lane Community College President Mary Spilde was named Chief Executive of the year earlier this month by the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT), beating over 1,200 other community college presidents across the country to earn the associat…
- Fitness tests wash out Oregon State trooper recruits
The Oregon State Police are recruiting troopers and hoping they’ll get more applicants who have worked on their pushups.
- Tech coworking space to open downtown
A restaurant, a magazine and a high-tech incubator plan to lease space in the renovated Centre Court building, now known as the Broadway Commerce Center, in the heart of downtown Eugene.
- Springfield Police Releases Smartphone App
Springfield citizens can now get the latest crime news on their smartphone. The Springfield Police Department is now part of an app called “My Police Department” or “MyPD”, which is available now for free in the iTunes & And…
Tim Chuey Weather:
A chilly start to your Wednesday with the chance of frost, fog, and maybe even freezing fog. Drive carefully.
The jet stream shows a trough of low pressure (“U” shape on yellow line) is moving away from Oregon and it will be followed by a short lived area of high pressure (“Arch” shape on yellow line). A large upper level low will take over late in the week we’ll see a frontal system that will bring back more chances of rain to the Pacific Northwest.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Patchy fog and frost with possible freezing fog early this AM, a mix of clouds and sun in the afternoon, partly cloudy and not as cold tonight, partly cloudy Thursday and Thursday evening, mostly cloudy Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday, then showers likely (60%) Friday night highs 56-62 lows 40-45. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night, then a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday highs 62-57 lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 60 low 40)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com