Headlines

  • Wyden, DeFazio pursuing county-funding measures
    Oregon’s Congressional delegation is working on a two-pronged approach to funding Lane County and other counties in Oregon with vast areas of federal forest land that the counties can’t tax: Renew a long-standing but chronically threatened payments…
  • Recognize this tag? Call police
    Springfield Police have received reports of at least six incidents of graffiti at six different churches this week.
  • UO Administrators Strike Bargain with “Occupy Eugene”
    After less than a day of occupying the quad on the University of Oregon campus, protesters who had arrived early on Thursday agreed Thursday evening to a temporary relocation at a site owned by the university.   According to UO spokesman Phi…
  • Trees Come Down for Salmon Restoration
    For decades, state biologists thought the best way to manage Oregon rivers was to keep them free of wood fiber.  But that resulted in a shrinking of the salmon population.   So now the idea is to drop and pull down the trees to provide the …
  • Police beef up Halloween patrols
    Watch out for the folks dressed as cops this weekend and Monday. They’re likely to be the real thing. The Halloween weekend will bring extra officers onto the streets of Eugene, Springfield and much of Lane County as police gear up for what has becom…
  • New Eugene bankruptcy judge appointed
    A longtime Portland bankruptcy lawyer has been appointed as a U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge at the Eugene federal courthouse. Thomas Renn, 52, was apppointed Wednesday to fill the local judgeship vacancy when Bankruptcy judge Albert E. Radcliffe died sud…
  • Kilcullen to be added to Oregon law enforcement memorial
    A Eugene police officer shot and killed during a traffic stop in April 2011 and a Lake County Sheriff’s Office deputy killed in a shootout with a gang of masked men in 1882 will have their names added to the Oregon Fallen Law Enforcement Officers Memor…
  • Eugene woman puts together unique homelessness art exhibit
    A unique art exhibit spotlighting homelessness in Lane County will go on display in Eugene this coming weekend, as Eugene artist Amy Bowers displays her collection of found signs used…
  • UO Breaks Ground on New Soccer and Lacrosse Facility
    Construction around Autzen Stadium has been going on for months now, but it’s worth it for the soccer and lacrosse teams.   The new stadium is being built south of PK Park.   The 12,000-sqaure-foot stadium will be ready for play o…

Tim Chuey Weather:

It looks like you’ll need the rain gear for the Friday night High School Football games tonight in Western Oregon.

A reminder: Standard Time returns at 2 AM Sunday November 6th not this weekend.

High: 60
Low: 38
Rain: 60%-90%

The jet stream shows a trough of low pressure (“U” shape on yellow line) bringing clouds and rain back. An area of high pressure (“Arch” shape on yellow line) will clear us out a bit Saturday, but a large upper level low (the next “U” shape on the yellow line) will take over along with a frontal system Sunday that will bring back more chances of rain to the Pacific Northwest.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy with rain becoming likely (60%) by this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with evening rain, a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and night, a mix of clouds and sun Sunday AM, becoming mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Sunday afternoon, then a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night highs 58-60 lows 45-38 warming to 42 Sunday night. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, partly cloudy Monday night through Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of rain Thursday  highs 58-54 lows 37-45. (seasonal averages high 59 low 40)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com