- EWEB mulls smart meters
The Eugene Water & Electric Board is poised to take another step toward installing 89,000 “smart” meters at customer homes to remotely gather detailed usage information — and to start and stop service with a few clicks of a computer mouse. Th…
- Motorcycle club members arrested after highway confrontation near Eugene
Two members of the Brother Speed Motorcycle Club are being held in the Lane County Jail on multiple charges after they allegedly menaced the occupants of a car and damaged the vehicle in retaliation for an earlier incident west of Eugene on Sunday even…
- Elderly couple dead of gunshots
An elderly couple in the Santa Clara area have have died of gunshots, and police do not suspect any other people were involved in the incident, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office said Monday morning. At about 10:16 a.m. on April 15, Lane County Sheriff…
- Creswell students get crash course in dangers of drunk driving
High school students in Creswell spent an afternoon amid the sirens and flashing lights of emergency vehicles on Monday as part of an intricately staged traffic accident designed to discourage drunk driving. Roughly 380 students arrived by…
- Middle Schoolers win state in Oregon’s Battle of the Books
Five students from Monroe Middle School take home first place
- “I feel that I was misled”
You may want to double check the next time you write a check to the Department of Motor Vehicles. A Springfield man said the automatic renewal notices cost him more than a hundred dollars that he likely won’t get back.
- OSP stop reportedly leads to over a pound of heroin seized
Oregon State Police say a Saturday afternoon traffic stop near Sutherlin led to the arrest of two men, after a trooper discovered over a pound of heroin concealed in the vehicle.
- Siblings become wards of state in Creswell case
Six Creswell siblings became wards of the state today as their parents await trial in connection with the death of their 17-year-old son, who died in December after the couple allegedly chose prayer over medical care for his undisclosed treatable ailme…
- Scam: Message claims consumers won gift card
Cell phone users are getting targeted with text messages that claim to be from Walmart. The text message claims that consumers have won a $1,000 gift card.
- Production of Oregon wine grapes hits record high
Production of wine grapes hit a record high in Oregon last year — 41,500 tons, a whopping 33 percent increase over the previous year, according to a report released by the Oregon Wine Board Monday. The increase came despite a small — 100 acres — …
- Oregon baseball beats Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 3-2
Kyle Garlick drove in Aaron Payne with a sacrifice fly in the seventh inning to give sixth-ranked Oregon a 3-2 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Monday at PK Park. Jeff Gold (5-2) pitched the first seven innings before Tommy Thorpe struck out the side in…
- Isagawa leads surge as Ducks sit in ninth at Pacific Coast Intercollegiate
In the second round of the Pacific Coast Intercollegiate, No. 21 Oregon women’s golf shaved two strokes of its opening round score to finish with a 16-over 592 overall. The Ducks are now sitting in ninth place in the tournament, 29 strokes behind th…
- Oregon’s Johnson taken in WNBA draft
Oregon senior Amanda Johnson was selected in the third round of today’s WNBA draft by the Phoenix Mercury. Johnson, who averaged 18 points and 9.6 rebounds to lead the Ducks in both categories this past season, was taken with the ninth pick of the th…
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!
Tim Chuey Weather:
Rain: likely up to 0.25 inches
A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) will be moving away from the Pacific Northwest with a low pressure trough (“U” shape on the yellow line) pushing in behind it. that means we will be going back to a wet weather pattern. A frontal system is pushing through returning the clouds and chance for rain. Yet another frontal system will be offshore Thursday to make landfall by Friday, assuring us that we’ll have clouds and rain continuing.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: A mix of clouds and sun with patchy fog this AM, becoming mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with rain likely (60%) tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), rain Wednesday AM, showers likely (60%) Wednesday afternoon (0.15 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers in the evening, rain likely (60%) late Wednesday night (0.15 in. of rain possible), rain Thursday, then rain likely (60%) Thursday night highs 58-62 lows 42-49. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Friday, a (40%) chance of of showers Friday night through Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday highs 64-57 lows 47-42. (seasonal averages high 61 low 40)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com