- Piercy, Prociw and Walrod to Debate
Piercy, Prociw and Walrod – it’s not a new law firm, it’s a Mayoral Debate.
- Authorities investigate OSU death at sorority house
Authorities are investigating the death of an Oregon State University student found dead at a sorority house near campus.
- Oregon fines marijuana initiative proponents
Oregon elections officials say a group that wants to legalize marijuana has violated Oregon election law by paying petition circulators based on the number of signatures they collect.
- Remains found near landfill
A mushroom picker found the remains of a body Monday afternoon near a Lane County andfill, according to the Lane County Sheriff’s Office.
- Bicyclist hospitalized after River Road crash
A 16-year-old Eugene boy was hospitalized Monday after a car collided with his bicycle as he rode the wrong way in a bike lane on River Road, a police spokeswoman said. The teen, who was wearing a helmet when the crash occurred, suffered serious injuri…
- Lane County unemployment rate falls to 8.3 percent
Lane County’s unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent in March, the state Employment Department said Monday. It is now below the statewide rate of 8.6 percent and only slightly above the national rate of 8.2 percent. Nonfarm payroll employment rose …
- Cottage Grove Police Department Renovates Fleet
The Cottage Grove Police Department swapped out some of its fleet for two new Chevy Tahoes. After police across the country started phasing out Crown Victorias, the Cottage Grove department went to Tahoes. Of…
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!
Tim Chuey Weather:
Rain: chance of showers
A weak high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) will be moving away from the Pacific Northwest with a low pressure trough (“U” shape on the yellow line) pushing in behind it. That means it’s back to a wet weather pattern for the workweek. A frontal system will move through bringing more clouds and rain to the area today.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and cooler today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight, mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Wednesday AM, rain in the afternoon and Wednesday night, showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night highs 66-56 lows 50-40. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, a (30%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, just mostly cloudy Sunday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday highs 56-66 cooling to near 63 Monday lows 43-45. (seasonal averages high 62 low 40)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com