- Cyclist dies after getting hit by two vehicles
Police are looking a white Ford vehicle they believe was involved in a hit-and-run accident Saturday night that killed a 54-year-old cyclist.
- Train strikes man sitting on tracks in Eugene
A man is hospitalized in Eugene with life-threatening injuries after being struck by a train.
- Handy sues county for release of documents
Lane County Commissioner Rob Handy is suing the county over what he says is its refusal to release documents related to allegations that he misused his office. The suit filed in Lane County Circuit Court seeks an order compelling the county to release …
- Fire chief: no one home at South Eugene house fire
Firefighters stopped a South Eugene house from going up in flames Saturday afternoon after a passerby reported a cloud of smoke billowing from the house.
- Memorial Day Events
Eugene:9 a.m. – Service at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, 300 Mary Lane.11 a.m. – Ceremony at Eugene Pioneer Cemetery, 18th and University Street, sponsored by American Legion Post 311 a.m. – Flag Ceremony at Garden Way Retirement Center, sponsored by American …
- State asked to investigate Creswell city audits
A Creswell resident has filed a complaint against the city’s mayor, council and administrators over delayed audits of the city’s finances. But the Oregon Government Ethics Commission doesn’t have jurisdiction to pursue the complaint,…
- Jail picks up private medical services
A national health care company is preparing to take over the job of providing medical services at the Lane County Jail in one of several county government moves aimed at reducing costs at the lockup. Corizon Inc. won a two-year contract to take over as…
- Beavers sweep Ducks with 5-0 victory
Kavin Keyes and Michael Conforto each drove in two runs and Oregon State defeated Oregon 5-0 on Sunday to complete a three-game sweep of the Ducks in the regular season’s…
- Photos: Oregon prep shine at track and field state championship meet
Prep athletes put on quite a show Friday and Saturday as the OSAA 6A, 5A, 4A Track and Field State Championship Meet was held at Hayward Field. Junior Hayley Crouser of Gresham, one of the nation’s top track and field athletes, placed first in th…
- Oregon softball levels Super Regional series with Texas in marathon 5-4 victory
It took eight innings, two ejections and a series of missed scoring opportunities, but the No. 11 seeded Oregon softball team managed to keep its season alive on Saturday with a 5-4 victory over No. 6 Texas. With the series-deciding third game beginni…
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!
Tim Chuey Weather:
Forecast: mostly cloudy
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com