________________

No winner this week. Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time this week. What is an “Alberta Clipper?” Here is the answer. An Alberta clipper (also known as a Canadian Clipper) is a fast moving low pressure area (with a warm front moving ahead of it and a cold front pushing colder air in behind it) which generally affects the central provincesof Canada and parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions of the United States. Most clippers occur between December and February, but can also occur occasionally in the month of November. Alberta clippers take their name from Alberta, Canada, the province from which they appear to descend, and from clipper ships of the 19th century, one of the fastest ships of that time. I’ll have another weekly weather quiz question for you starting next Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count.

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on orange line) has  moved past us now. A weak frontal system slid by overnight and Sunday AM bringing more clouds and just the slightest chance of showers tonight and a better chance of rain Monday as an upper level low moves in. Summer is almost here! It officially begins with the Summer Solstice at 4:09 PM PDT Wednesday June 20th.
________________
The pollen count for the Eugene-Springfield area is:
Grass-Very High (277)
Trees-Low (2)
Data from Oregon Allergy Associates www.oregonallergyassociates.com.
________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight, a good (50%) chance of showers Monday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday evening, just mostly cloudy Tuesday, then partly cloudy Tuesday night lows 45- 47 highs 62-70. Partly cloudy Wednesday through Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun Friday with partly cloudy skies and a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, then a mix of clouds and sun Saturday with a slight (20%) chance of showers highs 75-80 cooling to 70 Friday and warming to 74 Saturday lows 48-50. (seasonal averages high 73 low 48)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight, a (30%) chance of showers Monday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday evening, mostly cloudy Tuesday AM, then partly cloudy Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday night lows 55-47 highs 68-74. Partly cloudy Wednesday through Thursday AM, mostly sunny Thursday afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Thursday night through Friday evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night and Saturday highs 81-85 cooling to 72 Saturday lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 76 low 52)

_________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday evening, then just mostly cloudy Tuesday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, and evening, then mostly cloudy Tuesday night lows 45-48 highs 63-60. Partly cloudy Wednesday through Friday AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon through Saturday highs 63-66 cooling to near 60 Friday night lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 62 low 51).

________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and colder late tonight, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of showers Monday evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then just partly cloudy Tuesday night snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight, 6,000 ft. Monday and Monday night, 6,500 ft. Tuesday, then free air freezing level 9,000 ft. Tuesday night lows 40-36 highs 50-53 . Partly cloudy Wednesday through Thursday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Thursday night and, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday and Saturday and a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Wednesday, 14,000 ft. Wednesday night, 13,000 ft. Thursday, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Thursday night through Saturday highs 66-75 cooling to near 60 Saturday lows 43-46 cooling to 42 Friday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 

 

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog