Look for the clouds to increase along with the chance of showers. Planning ahead for the “Civil War” game means wearing the rain gear.

________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. We all know that tornadoes are dangerous and can kill. What were the deadliest tornadoes recorded in the U.S.?  Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

A short-lived high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch” shape) has taken over just in time for Thanksgiving bringing out the sunshine and drying us out. A frontal system (shown getting closer to the coast) and an upper level trough of low pressure (moving out of the Gulf of Alaska) will push through Oregon today bringing back the wet weather, but that won’t last too long. Again, please make sure the storm drains on your street are clear of debris so they will have a better chance of staying clear when the next wave of rain hits. Building high pressure at the surface (blue “H”) and aloft, will clear us out again Sunday into early next week. In other words we’ll be on an interesting roller coaster ride for a while fighting between clouds and sun and wet and dry.

 

________________

 

Advisories: A FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT  FOR THE COQUILLE RIVER AT COQUILLE AND THE PUDDING RIVER AT AURORA. FOR DETAILS GO TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FLOOD WARNING PAGE.

________________

Here is your College Football Weather Forecast for the 119th Civil War Game Saturday:

The Ducks vs The Beavers at Reser Stadium, Corvallis Kickoff 12:00 Noon: Mostly cloudy with rain, 49 warming to 53 as the game progresses, Wind: Light. If you are going to the game you will need the rain gear.

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain this AM, rain this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), rain tonight (0.75 in. of rain possible), rain Saturday (0.50 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun Sunday with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the AM, then partly cloudy Sunday night highs 52-48 lows 46-35. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, mostly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday, a (40%) chance of rain Tuesday night, then a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday through Thursday highs 48-55 lows 39-44 cooling to near 40 (seasonal averages high 50 low 37)

_______________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), rain tonight (0.15 in. of rain possible), rain Saturday (0.25 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Sunday AM, partly with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon, then just partly cloudy Sunday night highs 59-52 lows 48-38. Partly cloudy Monday and Monday night, mostly cloudy Tuesday and Tuesday night, a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday highs 52-58 lows 39-45. (seasonal averages high 51 low 39)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Cloudy today with a (30%) chance of AM coastal rain with rain this afternoon, a (40%) chance of inland rain (0.25 in. of rain possible), rain tonight (0.45 in. of rain possible) and Saturday (0.40 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Sunday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon with a slight (20%) chance of showers, then just partly cloudy Sunday night highs 58-54 lows 52-38. Partly cloudy Monday and Monday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Tuesday and Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday and Wednesday night, then rain likely (60%) Thursday highs 53-57 lows 42-48. (seasonal averages high 53 low 42)

 

_______________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain, a good (50%) chance of rain this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), rain tonight (0.75 in. of rain possible) and Saturday (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) in the evening, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers late Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday, then just partly cloudy Sunday night snow level 7,000 ft. today, above 8,000 ft. tonight, above 8,000 ft. falling to 7,500 ft. Saturday afternoon, then 5,000 ft. Saturday night, 3,500 ft.  Sunday, then free air freezing level 4,500 ft. Sunday night highs 50-36 lows 35-26. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, mostly cloudy Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night, a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday free air freezing level 4,500 ft. Sunday night and Monday, 6,000 ft. Monday night, snow level 5,000 ft. Tuesday, 6,000 ft. Tuesday night, 7,000 ft. Wednesday, then 6,000 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday highs 40-45 cooling to near 40 Thursday lows 33-30.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

______________

Previous Story

Teachers oppose test-based bonuses

Next Story

Ducks Gear Up for Postseason Run with Sweep of Bruins

Latest from Headline Feed