December 14 – Morning Headlines

This is the eleventh day before Christmas

Morning Headlines


This is the eleventh day before Christmas
This is the eleventh day before Christmas
  • Surplus sales mean millions for Oregon
    When a state or federal agency, local jurisdiction, or school district has property it no longer needs it ends up at the Property Distribution Center, headquarters of Oregon’s surplus property program.
  • Miniature Yule scene has delighted 3 generations
    For Beth Grimes, her Christmas display of miniatures known as the Grimes Christmas Scene provides an annual opportunity to catch up with longtime friends and acquaintances.
  • Ducks realize tonight is behind them, now shift focus to Texas
    For the first time in program history, the Oregon Ducks volleyball team is headed to the NCAA National Championship. Coming off an impressive 3-1 victory over top-seeded Big 10 Champion Penn State, the Ducks have earned the righ
  • Sherfy named NCBWA preseason All-American
    Oregon’s standout closer, Jimmie Sherfy, has been named a preseason All-American by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association. The junior from Camarillo, Calif. was an All-American last season after setting an Oregon rec

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:


[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

It looks today through Sunday will be wet and quite cool.

upper level trough of low pressure (shaded “U” shape) has moved in and is changing the airflow to southwest. A frontal system is moving through the Pacific Northwest. This frontal system will move in to begin the workweek. For skiers Mt. Ashland and Hoodoo are open and Willamette Pass is still waiting for more snow and hopes to open soon.

High: 47
Low: 34
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with AM rain likely (60%), a good (50%) chance of showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) this afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight, cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM rain, cloudy with rain Saturday (0.10 in. of rain possible), and evening, showers late Saturday night (0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Sunday, then rain likely (60%) and breezy Sunday night highs 44-47 lows 34-38 cooling to 33 Sunday night. Cloudy with rain Monday, showers Monday night and Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday night, a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday highs near 47 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 45 low 34)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather:

A Benefit for Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]

Kelly Asay is an entrepreneur, software developer and performing musician. As the publisher of Eugene Daily News, Asay is continually searching, finding and promoting the best unknown journalists, photographers and inspirational people from all over Lane County.

Previous Story

Buffalo Wild Wings Coming to Springfield

Next Story

Blackout leads to threat against TV station

Latest from Firehose