February 27 – Morning Headlines

//
NCU freezes tuition for 2013-2014. - NCU campus
[Headline-Sponsor]

Morning Headlines

NCU freezes tuition for 2013-2014.  - NCU campus
NCU freezes tuition for 2013-2014. – NCU campus
  • Lane County assessor to step down
    Lane County Assessor Anette Spickard will leave her elected post on April 5 to take a job as the deputy director of Springfield’s development services and public works department. Spickard, first elected assessor in 2006, announced her resignatio
  • Homicide may slow down embezzlement investigation
    A fatal stabbing at an RV park will divert police attention from an internal embezzlement investigation at the City of Cottage Grove.
  • County commissioners vote 4-1 to proceed on Obie proposal
    In a split vote, the Lane County Board of Commissioners this morning opted to pursue a downtown Eugene redevelopment project with local businessman Brian Obie. The board voted 4-1 to give Lane County Administrator Liane Richardson the authority to leas
  • Eugene man pleads not guilty to charges of stealing beer
    A Eugene man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to robbery charges stemming from an alleged attempt to steal beer from a grocery store. Steven Michael Shipman, 30, was arraigned on an indictment charging him with one count each of first-degree robbery and seco
  • Camping World to open in Coburg
    RV retailer Camping World plans this September to open a large store in Coburg, off Interstate 5. The chain, which is based near Chicago, operated a retail accessory store for years in Junction City. It decided to close that location and open an expand
  • Bakery recalls bread over bits of plastic
    An Oregon-based bakery issued a recall for bread distributed this week to Fred Meyer stores in Oregon, Idaho and Washington.
  • Bill takes aim at dreaded ‘Slow Driver In The Left Lane’ on I-5
    “If someone on the freeway passes me on the right, I feel a sense of personal failure,” Oregon State Senator Ginny Burdick said with a laugh. “Even I, as hard as I work at it, can get careless at times” and drive too slow in the left lane, she s
  • Bankers Larry and Connie Hedberg receive Baker Award from United Way
    Larry and Connie Hedberg, local bank officers and leaders in community philanthropy, were awarded the Alton F. Baker Award at the 2013 United Way Community Celebration Monday evening. The Baker Award is United Way of Lane County’s highest honor.
  • NCU Announces Tuition Freeze for 2013-2014
    Northwest Christian University announced on Tuesday that, for the second time in three years, it will freeze tuition for the 2013-2014 academic year. The decision, unanimously approved by NCU’s Board of Trustees, was made to ensure that students and th..
  • Oregon State to Unveil New Uniforms and Brand on March 4
    Oregon State’s new brand and uniforms will be officially unveiled on March 4. The event will be broadcast on the athletic department’s website and be held in the CH2M HILL Alumni Center on OSU’s campus.
  • Oregon Places 14th in Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Golf Championship
    The Oregon women’s golf team finished 14th at the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Golf Championship with an overall score of 313. Cassy Isagawa led the way for Oregon, shooting 76 in both of her rounds for a 45th place finish. 
  • Lindsey Shearer Named to All-CCC First Team
    Lindsay Shearer capped her career at Northwest Christian University impressively, being selected to the All-Cascade Collegiate Conference First Team. The Beacons finished their season with a loss to College of Idaho in the CCC playoffs.
  • Lane Titans Use Big Second Half to Reach NWAACC Playoffs
    The Lane Titans thwarted Portland Community College on Monday night to advance to the first round of the NWAACC Playoffs. Tyler Coleman paced LCC, who will now play Big Bend Community College on Saturday in Kennewick, Washington.
  • Johnson trial resumes today
    The sexual assault trial of former Sheldon High and University of Montana quarterback Jordan Johnson is expected to resume in Missoula, Mont., today, following a day off on Tuesday. Johnson elected to take the witness stand in his own defense Monday an
  • Dominic Artis Will Play Against Oregon State Thursday
    Oregon Ducks star point guard Dominic Artis, who has been out nine games due to a foot injury, was practicing for the Ducks today and according to head coach Dana Altman he will return against Oregon State on Saturday coming off the bench
  • Sheldon Irish Fall to Tualitin, Season Over
    The Sheldon Irish saw their season come to an end on Tuesday night, falling to the Tualitin Timberwolves by a score of 92-83. Though the Irish were favored in the game, the Timberwolves used an 11-2 run with time winding down to put the game out of rea

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

Look for the clouds to increase late today with the chance of rain returning by late tonight.

An upper level trough of low pressure (Shaded “U” shape) and a frontal system will slide through bringing the rain chances from slight to likely by late tonight. A ridge of high pressure (Shaded “Arch” shape) will bring a bit of clearing again for your Friday and Saturday. Another frontal system will move in Saturday returning an increased chance of rain.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 8 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE SOUTH OREGON COAST.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 58
Low: 35
Forecast: Mostly cloudy today with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain, rain likely (70%) late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), rain Thursday (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain at night, a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday, then just mostly cloudy Friday night highs 50-58 lows 35-42 . A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday, rain likely (60%) Saturday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night and Monday, a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday highs 57-50 lows 42-37. (seasonal averages high 53 low 36)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]

Kelly Asay is an entrepreneur, software developer and performing musician. As the publisher of Eugene Daily News, Asay is continually searching, finding and promoting the best unknown journalists, photographers and inspirational people from all over Lane County.

Previous Story

Lane County assessor to step down

Next Story

Tuition equity bill passes Oregon House, heads to Senate

Latest from Firehose