It looks like we’ve got another short break from the rain. Just a slight chance of showers today through Friday afternoon.

_______________

 

Check out my newest column for the Eugene Daily News “Some More Things Oregon Doesn’t Have”.

 

________________

 

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is the difference between “Onshore Flow” and “Offshore Flow?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

 

An upper level trough of low pressure (shaded “U”shape) is sliding eastward and will keep the clouds and precipitation  with us.  The next frontal system has returning the clouds land just a touch of showers and there is another one right behind it. The jet stream will set up in Zonal Flow which means the moisture feed will be moving pretty much on a straight line from West to East. Another frontal system push through the Pacific Northwest late Friday and Saturday.

 

________________

 

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers today, partly cloudy with just a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, patchy fog late tonight and Friday AM, mostly cloudy Friday afternoon, rain likely (60%) Friday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), showers likely (60%) Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday night highs 58-62 cooling to 53 Saturday lows 34-42 cooling to 37 Saturday night. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Sunday, a good (50%) chance of showers at night, a (40%) chance of showers Monday, a (30%) chance of showers Monday night and Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 53-60 lows 37-32 warming to 36 Monday night. (seasonal averages high 60 low 39)
________________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, just partly cloudy this afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late tonight and Friday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain in the evening, rain likely (60%) Friday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) and cooler Saturday and Saturday night  highs 62-64 cooling to 55 Saturday lows 39-42. Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) Sunday, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday night and Monday, a (30%) chance of showers at night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night and Wednesday highs 54-60 lows 36-40. (seasonal averages high 61 low 41)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal showers, a slight (20%) chance of inland AM showers, just partly cloudy this afternoon, mostly clear this evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight and Friday AM, mostly cloudy Friday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of evening rain, rain likely (70%) late Friday night (0.10 in. of rain possible) and Saturday AM, showers in the afternoon, then showers likely (60%) Saturday night highs near 54 lows 40-45. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Sunday, a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night through Monday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday highs 50-55 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 55 low 43)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers this AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers this afternoon, just partly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun and just a bit warmer Friday, becoming mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (70%) Friday night, rain and snow showers likely (60%) Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday night snow level 4,000 ft. today, free air freezing level 6,500 ft. tonight, 7,500 ft. rising to 8,000 ft. Friday afternoon, snow level 4,500 ft. Saturday, then 3,000 ft. at night highs 43-50 cooling to 34 Saturday lows 27-30 cooling to 22 Saturday night. Mostly cloudy with snow showers likely (60%) Sunday and Sunday night, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday, a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night and Wednesday snow level 2,500 ft. Sunday through Monday, 3,000 ft. Monday night through Tuesday night, then 3,500 ft. Wednesday highs 32-43 lows 22-26.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

Previous Story

551: A Grandfather’s Gift

Next Story

Oregon House OKs bill to restrict dog tethering

Latest from Headline Feed

Brahms and Bartók

11/18/2021 to 11/18/2021 - The Eugene Symphony will showcase two musical giants in one captivating evening

Piano Masterclass

11/16/2021 to 11/16/2021 - Watch 2021/22 Eugene Symphony guest artist Joyce Yang work with three talented