Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Photos: 2013 Oregon Ducks Volleyball Exhibition
The 2013 Oregon Ducks Volleyball team showcased its merit and top-10 ranking on Saturday in an exhibition. Here are photos from last night’s exhibition.
- #13 – Devon Allen
Oregon Ducks wide receiver Devon Allen, a freshman junior from Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, Arizona), enters his first season in the Oregon program.
- #13 – Troy Hill
Oregon Ducks cornerback Troy Hill, a redshirt junior from St. Bonaventure High School (Youngstown, Ohio), enters his fourth season in the Oregon program.
- Former Oregon Ducks Cornerback Jackie Bates Releases New Rap Video
Former Oregon Ducks cornerback Jackie Bates has recently released a rap video, showing another side to the multi-talented footballer.
- NCU Beacons Women’s XC Picked to Finish Second, Men Sixth
The NCU Beacons cross country teams are nearing the commencement of their respective 2013 seasons, and with that the release of the CCC coaches poll.
- Oregon opens season at No. 3 in Associated Press poll
The mantra is win the day, not win the preseason poll. So it wasn’t surprising when news of Oregon being ranked No. 3 in the Associated Press poll released Saturday was met with a collective shrug of the shoulder pads by the Ducks. UO, which also
- Emeralds barely escape Everett comeback, win 8-7
A back and forth affair between the Everett Aquasox and the Eugene Emeralds was a single away from possibly heading into extra innings. Instead, Eugene reliever Josh Richardson escaped a bases loaded jam to narrowly escape an Aquasox comeback, giving t
- Water main ruptures along Coburg Road
A water main burst near the intersection of Coburg Road and Crescent Ave, spilling thousands of gallons of water into the street.
- Individuals shine in Oregon volleyball scrimmage
Although the game won’t count on its overall record, the Oregon Ducks women’s volleyball team was happy to get their 2013 season underway. The season kicked off with the Ducks annual green vs. yellow intrasquad scrimmage Saturday night. The
- Crews from all over Western Oregon respond to fire in Dallas
Firefighters from all over Western Oregon responded to a fire in Dallas on Saturday afternoon that shut down a section of Highway 22.
- 4 adults, 1 child taken to hospital after crash on Lorane Hwy
Four adults and one child were taken to the hospital after a two-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon at the intersection Lorane Highway and Bailey Hill Road.
- Matthew Centrowitz Advances at World Championships
Nike Oregon Project middle-distance runner Matthew Centrowitz qualified for the 1,500m final at the world championships on Friday, finishing in 3:35.95.
- One taken to the hospital after crash on Gateway Street
A person was taken to the hospital Saturday afternoon after a car crash on Gateway Street near the intersection of Kruse Way.
- Over $70 million spent on summer wildfires in S. Oregon
The Oregon Department of Forestry has spent more than $70 million fighting major wildfires so far this summer, far more than it generally spends to handle conflagrations on state-protected lands
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather