CALDWELL, Idaho – The NCU Beacons men’s cross country team took second place on Saturday at the Coyote Twilight despite facing four teams currently ranked in the NAIA national coaches poll. The College of Idaho hosted event is a preview of the Cascade Collegiate Conference championship at Brothers Park later this fall to conclude the 2013 season.
Thirteenth ranked Eastern Oregon won the race with a collective 52 points. The No. 22 Beacons were just behind with 54 points and No. 15 Oregon Tech took third place with 68 points. College of Idaho and Concordia, followed in fourth and fifth place respectively.
Northwest Nazarene, the lone competitor no-CCC competitor, finished in sixth place, followed by Corban in seventh and Northwest University in eighth.
How the Beacons Faired:
- Chris Zirkle, fourth place with a time of 26:30
- Crosby Green, sixth place with a time of 26:42
- Nick Lopez, eighth place with a time of 26:50
- Alek Angeli, 14th place with a time of 27:19
- Taylor Kraal, 22nd place with a time of 27:35
- Hunter Tyler, 23rd place with a time of 27:38
- Guillermo Torres-Sanchez, 42nd place with a time of 29:11
- *David Carrasco ran in 65th place while freshman Tyler Arch made his collegiate racing debut in 73rd.
NCU’s next race will take place on October 5th when they travel to Salem for the Willamette Open.