Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Cheserek paces Oregon men to second place at Pre-Nationals
Freshman Edward Cheserek posted his third top-four finish in as many races to lead No. 4 Oregon to a runner-up finish at the Pre-Nationals cross country meet Saturday morning. The No. 6 Duck women followed with a fifth-place f
- Beavers cut Cal off with the pass
Sean Mannion threw for 481 yards and four touchdowns as Oregon State rolled to its sixth straight victory, beating California 49-17 Saturday night. Brandin Cooks caught 13 passes for a career-high 232 yards with one touchdown a
- Oregon Overcomes Sloppy 2nd Quarter in 62-38 Win Over Washington State
In the second quarter, Marcus Mariota fumbled twice — and Byron Marshall once — leading to 17 Cougar points that made for a somewhat unexpected 34-24 Duck lead as the teams took to the locker rooms.
- Connor Halliday Sets Passing Record in Blowout Loss
Mike Leach’s team ran the 12 times for two yards while QB Connor Halliday threw the ball an NCAA record 89 times and tied an NCAA record with 58 completions.
- Ducks win 62-38 using second half scoring barrage to outlast Washington State
In spurts, Washington State looked like a team thinking upset. The Cougars raced around the field, pounced on Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota and rode the arm of quarterback Connor Halliday to 24 points against a stingy Ducks’ defense. In the e
- Police: Woman hit, killed crossing Hwy 99 in Cottage Grove
A woman died at the intersection of Highway 99 and Geer Ave. Saturday night when she was hit by a car while crossing the street, Cottage Grove Police said.
- Oregon volleyball rebounds with sweep of Colorado
A strong performance by All-American Liz Brenner is exactly what Oregon needed after being swept by No. 1 USC the last time they were on court. “The one thing that Liz is doing right now, for sure, is bringing energy – I mean that’s t
- Photos: Reception fiesta for 20th Dia De Los Muertos exhibit
The Maude Kerns Art Center hosted a gallery reception fiesta Friday to celebrate the opening of their 20th annual Dia De Los Muertos exhibit.
- Oregon cross country men finish runner-up, women finish fifth
Saturday morning featured a Pac-12 showdown of sorts at the NCAA Pre-Nationals Invitational in Terre Haute, Ind., as the No. 2-ranked Colorado men squared off against No. 4 Oregon at the site of November’s NCAA cross country championships. Indivi
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather