Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- RiverBend recognized for surgical patient care
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend has been recognized as one of 37 hospitals that have achieved meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care for 2012. The national recognition places RiverBend in the top 10 percent of hospital
- Springfield Extra to cease publication Oct. 10
The Oct. 10 issue of Springfield Extra will be its last. Springfield Extra debuted in 2007. Managing Editor Dave Baker said the decision to stop publication was a difficult one. “This special Springfield publication has been very popular with rea
- Millers hold off Marist
Maddy Oviatt had a goal and assist to help Springfield hold on for a 4-3 victory over Marist in a Midwestern League girls soccer match on Wednesday. The Millers (4-3, 1-1) led 3-1 at halftime behind goals from Lily Grable in the 15t
- City prosecutor booked on DUII charge loses job
The city prosecutor faces charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and refusing to take a breath test.The City of Eugene fired the city prosecutor arrested last month on suspicion of driving drunk, one of the offenses his office handles.
- Smart meters coming – but only to those who want them
Eugene Water & Electric Board directors say energy saving/smart meters are coming, but only for customers who want them. Program opponents argue the new policy doesn’t go far enough.
- Sheriff’s Office rolls out new home security program
While many Oregonians are keeping doors and windows closed to keep out the cold, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office instituted a new program aimed at helping keep thieves out as well.
- Ducks Football Boosters to Deliver Food, Supplies to Colorado Flood Victims
A group of Oregon Ducks football boosters has decided to do something really cool in time for the UO-CU football game on Saturday. Help Colorado Flood Victims
- Arena League Football Possibly Coming to Portland, Oregon
The city of Portland, after initial reports of interest in an NHL franchise, may be in talks for an Arena League football team.
- De’Anthony Thomas is Out for Colorado Game With Sprained Ankle
Oregon running back De’Anthony Thomas is not likely to see action in the upcoming game on Saturday against Colorado, after rolling his ankle on the first play of the Cal game.
- Moreland, Collier Suspensions Announced: 14 Games, 1 Game Respectively
The suspensions for Oregon State Beavers basketball players Eric Moreland and Devon Collier have been announced. The two stars will be suspended 14 games and one game respectively.
- 4-H returns to Lane Co.: ‘The program finds a way to fit the kid’
It has taken some time for 4-H to get back on its feet after a three-year absence, but as of Tuesday Lane County’s school children were allowed to enroll in the program once again.
- Suspect arrested for stealing refrigerator, UO computers
Police arrested a man suspected of stealing computers and appliances from University of Oregon buildings and other local businesses over the past few months.
- Oregon Ducks in the NFL: 2013 Season, Week 4
Here’s a look back at how each of the Oregon Ducks in the NFL did in week four of the 2013 NFL season
- Lane NAACP Kicks Off With Open House
As summer comes to a close and classes are back in full swing, the Lane Countychapter of the NAACP will be holding an open house to introduce NAACP
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather