Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Monroe Rebounds to Defeat Lost River 25-14
It was a tale of two halves for the Monroe Dragons (8-1) as they hosted the Lost River Raiders in an OSAA Class 2A first round playoff game at Monroe High School. The Dragons used a balanced offense and punishing defense to jump out to a 19-0 half tim
- Beavers can’t cope with Coppin State in season-opening loss
Not even a career game from Roberto Nelson could save Oregon State on Sunday. But he came pretty close. On a night when coach Craig Robinson needed the Beavers to show their depth and stick to the game plan, they were instead a one-ma
- Veterans Day Parade: ‘Because of them we have our freedom’
Springfield honored all those who’ve served our country in the armed forces Sunday with their annual Veterans Parade.
- Police close Eugene Amtrak station for potential bomb threat
Police evacuated the Eugene Amtrak station Sunday after getting reports of a bomb in the area, officials at the station said.
- Patrol car hit while officer helps injured driver
A Springfield Police patrol car was hit on I-105 west Sunday after a police officer had parked to help a driver who had crashed in the eastbound lanes, police officials said.
- University of Oregon Holds Court Renaming Ceremony in Honor of Alex Rovello
A crowd of more than 200 including teammates, family and friends gathered Saturday at the Student Tennis Center in remembrance of Alex Rovello.
- Phil Knight Attends Alabama-LSU Game Decked Out in BAMA Gear
In what could not possibly be worse timing, University of Oregon super-booster Phil Knight was seen on the Alabama sidelines decked out in red for the Crimson Tide’s beatdown on LSU
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather