Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Cats Upset No. 5 Oregon in the Desert
David Pyles Coming into Saturday’s game, the Oregon Ducks had five straight wins against Arizona, including two on the road. Yesterday, Ka’Deem Carey and the Wildcats made sure that streak didn’t continue, as Arizona raced past No. 5
- Lowell swats Hornets’ streak to reach finals
To be the best, you have to beat the best. Top-ranked Lowell still has one game left to prove that it’s the best team in the state, but on Saturday the Red Devils toppled the program that has dominated eight-man football for
- Lions’ last roar leaves them euphoric over state-title shot
Scotty Hitner stood near the sideline with one hand on his head as he searched for the right word to describe how he felt at that exact moment. “Euphoria, dude,” the Cottage Grove quarterback said. “Just euphoria.” A quick glanc
- Phenom crashes champ’s party
Oregon has a new phenom. Edward Cheserek became the first freshman in school history to win the NCAA men’s cross country championships on Saturday when he surged past defending national champion Kennedy Kithuka of Texas
- Doctor Who fundraiser attracts new generation of nerds
“We’re all Whovians.” Katie Carleski was referring to herself and her three boys in tow – ages 5, 8 and 9 – though, really, she could have been talking about the entire crowd of well over a hundred people gathered
- Crews respond to 3-alarm apartment fire near UO campus
Emergency crews responded to a three-alarm fire in an apartment building near the University of Oregon Campus, fire officials said.
- Oregon liquor stores fear grocery store competition
Some Oregon liquor store owners and craft distilleries aren’t excited about a proposal to allow large grocery stores to sell hard liquor.
- Womenspace holds candlelight vigil after Casey Wright’s murder
Volunteers and supporters of local non-profit Womenspace gathered Friday to hold a remembrance walk and candlelight vigil for victims of intimate partner violence. The walk was inspired by the recent death of 26-year-old Casey Wright.
- Group works for right to refuse service for same-sex weddings
Proposal would overturn state law and allow businesses to reject same-sex weddings
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather