Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Cheserek first UO freshman to win men’s XC title
As if Edward Cheserek’s season wasn’t impressive enough already, the first-year Duck accomplished something Saturday no other freshman had done before in the long and storied history of the Oregon cross country pro
- Axemen advance on late run
By all accounts, South Eugene was supposed to win this game. Seeded first in their bracket and fourth overall in the OSAA Class 6A boys soccer playoffs, the Axemen used size and experience to their advantage and got the job done, defeating 29th-ranked
- Oregon club hockey sweeps Portland State in penalty-ridden game
The boys were chippy Saturday night. Oregon was looking to win the fourth and final game of the Portland State series during their second home game in a row against the Vikings. Win they did. With a 5-1 score at the end, Oregon swept PSU for the second
- Oregon volleyball breaks three-game losing streak, beats Arizona in five sets
Entering Saturday night’s match with Arizona (15-8, 5-6), Oregon knew they couldn’t afford to lose a fourth-straight game. After taking the first set 25-23 against the Wildcats, Oregon (13-9, 6-6) faltered in its next two, making the possib
- Fire burns addition behind Springfield house
Crews were called out a house off of Mohawk Blvd. Saturday night to help put out a fire.
- ‘We were watching the flames move toward the gas tank’
Firefighters helped douse a car that was completely engulfed in flames Saturday afternoon at an apartment complex in the south hills of Eugene.
- Local kids sew pillow cases for deployed soldiers
Eight local kids have been working on pillowcases they hope to send overseas to deployed soldiers.
- Oregon Men’s Basketball Beat Point Loma 68-52
Sometimes even a 16-point win leaves a team with a foul taste in its mouth. The Oregon men’s basketball team beat the Point Loma Sea Lions on Saturday by a comfortable score of 68-52, but without big performances from guard Joseph Young and cente
- Ducks Volleyball Suffers 3-1 Loss to Woeful Sun Devils
Oregon volleyball (12-9, 5-6 Pac-12) fell to unranked Arizona State (14-9, 3-8) in a 3-1 match, 25-23—21-25—25-19—25-15.
- Trail Blazers Bounce Back With 113-98 Road Win Over Denver Nuggets
The story of the Portland Trail Blazers’ (1-1) 113-98 win over the hosting Denver Nuggets (0-2) is simply the win itself. Portland snapped a five year drought of failing to capture a victory in the mile high city, which dated back to the 2007-08 season.
- Man tells ER staff he killed his girlfriend, arrested for murder
A man confessed to killing his girlfriend early Saturday morning after showing up at the McKenzie Willamette hospital emergency room with injuries, Springfield Police officials said
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather