Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Crash Ends with Car Nearly in Delta Pond
A crash ends with four people in the hospital and a car nearly into the Delta Ponds. The wreck was just off Delta Highway near Goodpasture Loop. Investigators aren’t sure exactly what happened but say two cars crashed. One en
- LTD Summer Pass Offer for Kids
A special deal this summer for kids in the Eugene-Springfield area that lets them skate, swim and possibly bowl a strike, all for one price. It’s called the 1Pass and anyone under the age of 18 can get one for $50. The pass g
- Drive-by Dart Attacks in West Eugene
Eugene, Ore. — Police are trying to find out who’s behind a string of drive-by dart attacks in West Eugene. So far, three people say they’ve been hit by 4-inch darts. The attacks happened between April first, and the 17th. The first p
- EPD Continues to Investigate Man’s Death
Exactly one month after a man was found dead in his home in west Eugene, police say they’re still working on the investigation. Police are calling the death of 61-year-old Russell Lee Penn a homicide but aren’t releasin
- Car hits building after driver steps on gas instead of brake
A driver hit the gas instead of the brake Wednesday afternoon, crashing into the exterior wall of a south Eugene restaurant in the Southtowne Shoppes. There were no reports of injuries.
- Season Ticket Renewal Deadline is Friday
The deadline for Oregon Football season ticket holders to renew their seats for the 2014 season is rapidly approaching. Renewals must be submitted by April 25.
- Judge: No decision until next month on Oregon’s same-sex marriage ban
The judge said Tuesday that he will not make a decision until at least May 14 after he’s had a chance to hear from the group that wants to defend the state law as it is now. That group is the National Organization for Marriage
- UO Acro: The 3-Time National Champs You Didn’t Know Existed
Quick, name the UO sport that features double-downs, back-tuck baskets, twist double fulls, scorpions and kick doubles (hint: it’s not gymnastics, skiing/snowboarding, cheer or dance). Figured it out yet? UO is the reigning national c
- Oregon men’s tennis moves on in Pac-12 Championship behind 4-2 win over Washington
With a 3-2 lead and both of the remaining singles matches headed to a decisive third set, the stage was set for the Oregon men’s tennis team in its first round contest versus Washington in the Pac-12 Championship. The team had jumped out to an ea
- Despite a championship loss, the season is still a success for Oregon club rugby
79-0 — that was the final score of Oregon club rugby’s matchup against Central Washington in the Northwest Collegiate Rugby Conference. The Ducks were overmatched by a bigger, more physical No. 8 ranked Central Washington team .
- UO tallies its first ever win at the Pac-12 Championship
Oregon has now posted three consecutive 16-win seasons for the first time since 1980-1982.
- Oregon Ducks say college football’s new low-hit rule won’t affect how they play
Oregon coaches its defenders to hit at chest level, so a new rule won’t affect the Ducks, coaches claim.
- Mark Helfrich compares Thomas Tyner’s running style to Eric Dickerson
Mark Helfrich hasn’t been shy about calling sophomore running back Thomas Tyner’s first spring season a success.
- Oregon closer Jake Reed named to midseason Stopper of the Year watch list
Reed has been named to the midseason watch list for the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Stopper of the Year Award, an honor given to the top reliever in NCAA Division I baseball.
- Oregon to begin postseason journey in Corvallis
The Pac-12 conference boasts six teams ranked in the top 11 nationally, making for a demanding conference tournament this week in Corvallis.
- 2014 NFL Schedule Out Today: For Seattle and Philadelphia We Know the Who and Where Already
The 2014 NFL Schedule comes out tonight. For both Philadelphia and Seattle we already know who they will play and where. We break it down. Later today we find out the when.
- Season Ticket Renewal Deadline is Friday
The deadline for Oregon Football season ticket holders to renew their seats for the 2014 season is rapidly approaching. Renewals must be submitted by April 25
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather