Eugene, Springfield and Lane County Headlines
- Motorcycle Crash Kills Sheridan Man
A crash on Main Street in Springfield killed a 65-year-old motorcyclist. The crash was at the intersection of 35th and Main St. Police closed the westbound lanes as they tried to piece together just what happened. They say the mot
- City Council Adopts Fiscal Year Budget
After months and months of debate the Eugene City Council moved to adopt next year’s fiscal budget. This comes after the budget committee was faced with a challenge of trying to fill $2.5 million dollar shortfall. The propose
- Heated Debate Over Kesey Square Curfew
The debate over the potential closure of Kesey Square was heated at times at Monday night’s public hearing. The closure as currently constructed would be from 11 p-m to 6 a-m. It would make it illegal to hang out in Kesey. Co
- Video shows officer punch suspect in face
A Eugene Police officer’s use of force against a drunk driving suspect resulted in an investigation and could lead to a lawsuit.
- Old burn pile reignites, spreads to nearby grass
A fire rekindled in an old burn pile Saturday, spreading to adjacent grass and slash piles.
- Counselors help classmates of student who died after skateboard crash
North Eugene High School made counselors available to students Monday after one of their classmates died from injuries suffered in a skateboarding accident over the weekend.
- It’s Summertime, Summertime, Sum Sum Summertime, But Not Quite Yet.
Summer is almost here. It officially begins with the Summer Solstice on June 21. What’s it all about? I will explain. And what about Stonehenge’s monument. New information.
- The Eugene Film Society Announces 72 Hour Music Video Competition
The Eugene Film Society website has launched and is now accepting registration for this summer’s EFS 72 Hour Music Video Competition.
- New Stadium Catapults Softball to Top of Oregon Women’s Athletics
Welcome to the club, Oregon softball! With former Oregon football player Robert Sanders‘ $10 million contribution to a new softball stadium this past week, the team joined the union of University of Oregon sports that have been christened
- An Elite Showdown: Anthony Barr vs Tyler Johnstone
One of the great unknown elite match-ups of the 2013 season pitted the UCLA All-American and 9th pick in the NFL draft, Anthony Barr against Oregon’s Tyler Johnstone. As the game approached, I was worried about the protection of Marcus Mari
- 2014 MLB Draft: Five Oregon Ducks Chosen, Some Have a Decision to Make
The Oregon Ducks were well represented in the 2014 MLB Draft and had four pitchers on the current roster chosen, including Juniors Jake Reed and Tommy Thorpe, who now have a decision to make.
- Tim McGraw wears Nike Oregon Project shirt
American country music singer, songwriter and actor Tim McGraw wore a Nike Oregon Project shirt while performing at his concert last night at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Four members of Oregon track and field earn regional awards
Four members of Oregon track and field were honored Monday when the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association unveiled their 2014 regional awards. Jenna Prandini was named the West Region Women’s Track Athlete of the Yea
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather