How can cannabis oils be used by athletes – amateur or professional – to aid in recovery, pain relief, and overall gains? Here we explore the use of CBD and cannabis oils with frequently asked questions.
Guest Post from AskGrowers.com
The use of cannabis oil has become quite prominent among athletes. Offering a number of great benefits, athletes can find relief from pain and inflammation after intense workouts. Based on a report from the World Health Organization in 2018, CBD does not lead to misuse, and unlike other pain-relieving drugs, there is a low potential for any form of dependence.
If you are an athlete looking for a way to control pain and inflammation, check out the different cannabis oils that can be used. At AskGrowers.com, you will find information on different oils and CBD products that can be effective after any workout. Want to learn more? Check out these FAQs below. They can provide some useful information for those looking to start using cannabis oil for pain relief.
FAQ From Athletes Regarding Cannabis Oils
For help with pain, recovery, and inflammation, many athletes have started using cannabis oils as a natural remedy. Here, you can find some interesting information, and we provide answers to many questions athletes may have.
- Is it legal for athletes to use CBD? Yes. In 2018, the World Anti-Doping Agency removed CBD from a list that contained prohibited substances. The USADA also removed CBD from their list.
- What types of cannabis oil products are being used? Athletes have some great options when they choose to use cannabis oils for pain. They can choose from ingestible, oils, balms, and even sports drinks.
- How long will the effects last? This will depend on the method of consumption. Edibles will be slow-acting and can offer longer periods of relief than vaping.
- Does CBD help with stress? Yes. Studies have shown that levels of cannabis oil in the body can help reduce stress levels. For those with performance anxiety, using CBD before a competition can be useful in reducing the stress levels experienced.
- Will cannabis oils help with muscle recovery? After an intense workout or even a long walk, your muscles will feel the burn. Using a topical rub that contains CBD can help provide relief and muscle recovery.
- Can CBD products help with sleep patterns? Yes. Sleep is important to any athlete. It allows the body to rest and heal. By using CBD products, you can relax more and benefit from a healthier sleep cycle. In studies, 2/3 of adults benefited from improved sleep after just one month of CBD use.
- Are there any side effects when using cannabis oils? You may experience some minor side effects when you first start using products. This will largely depend on the dose and the method of consumption. Possible effects include dry mouth, changes in appetite, and fatigue.
- Will CBD show up on a drug test? If you are using a product with no THC, there is no worry about failing any drug test. However, many products do contain small amounts of THC, less than 0.3%. This may appear on tests, so be cautious as to what products are being used.
- What is the recommended dosage? This will vary per person and will depend on past use and the results desired. Some will benefit from small doses of 20 mg, while others will require as much as 300 milligrams.
- Is CBD safe? Yes. This is a natural part of a cannabis plant, and it can be used as a holistic remedy for many issues athletes face. With limited side effects, no dependence, and long-lasting effects, using cannabis essential oils are a safe and natural way to promote recovery and manage pain.
Cannabis Oils: A Natural Aid
Like with anything we put into our bodies for wellness, a wide variety of considerations, both personal and technical, must be taken into account. There are different types of products that are available, and each has pros and cons. Many athletes will benefit from using topical cannabis products (non-hemp), such as salves and roll-ons that can be directly applied to affected areas. Topical products can provide fast results, though they do not last as long.
Edibles and oils are ingested and may take a few hours for results to be felt. However, they stay in the body longer, offering long-lasting relief. Many athletes will use a combination of products to achieve desired results. There is also the option of vaping cannabis oil for pain. This is a fast way to deliver the substance, and you will experience effects in 10 minutes or less.
As someone new to using cannabis oils, it is best to take some tie to test different products to learn reaction times and the duration of relief offered. As a safe and natural remedy, CBD is quickly becoming an athlete’s best friend and is successful when used for pain management, healing, relaxation, and stress reduction.