Rent Assistance Pre-Applications Open June 25


Utilice el Traductor de Google para ver esta información en español seleccionando el botón “translate” en la esquina inferior derecha.

If you are interested in applying for assistance to pay your rent or utilities, you may qualify for help from Lane County.

Applicants will not be asked about their citizenship, nor will they be required to show proof of citizenship for rent assistance. 

Lane County Rent and Utility Assistance

Applications for Lane County Rent and Utility Assistance will next be open Friday June 25th at 9 a.m. to Monday June 28th at 5 p.m. and posted on this website at For assistance completing the application over the phone, call (541) 682-3776 during this time period.

The application will be opening on the 2nd Friday of each month for the remainder of 2021. These are the upcoming dates applications for Lane County Rental Assistance will be available online and over the phone.

  • Friday June 25th at 9 a.m. to Monday June 28th at 5 p.m.
  • Friday July 9th at 9 a.m. to Monday July 12th at 5 p.m.
  • Friday August 13th at 9 a.m. to Monday July 16th at 5 p.m.

If you applied for rent and utility assistance through the State Oregon Rental Assistance website, you have already applied for this help. You do not need to reapply.  

State of Oregon Landlord Compensation Fund

The third round of the Landlord Compensation Fund opened on June 1st and will close June 18th at 5 p.m. Landlords can apply at

Eviction Moratorium

On May 19th, 2021, Governor Kate Brown signed SB 282, the Tenant COVID Protection bill. This bill extends the grace period for repayment of past-due back rent after the eviction moratorium expires on June 30, 2021.

The Eviction Moratorium ends on June 30, 2021. As of July 1, tenants must pay current rent on-time, or face eviction for non-payment. Tenants cannot be evicted for back-due rent from April 2020 through June 2021 until February 28, 2022. This is not legal advice from Lane County.

For more information about the Eviction Moratorium, visit Oregon Law Help’s website.

Additional Resources 

We recognize that COVID-19 has created huge disruptions in all of our lives and we know that that many people in our community are experiencing reduced income, as well as health concerns. The need for financial assistance is great and we are working diligently to help as many people as swiftly as possible.
Oregon Law Center/Lane County Legal Aid
Legal advice regarding evictions, landlord/tenant disputes, expungements, domestic violence, immigration, etc.
If you have legal questions about eviction, inability to pay rent, or landlord practices, and would like Oregon Law Center to contact you, please fill out this form: Call (541-485-1017) and apply over the phone. Intake staff will call you back and interview for eligibility and follow-up.
Springfield Eugene Tenant Association (SETA):

The Springfield Eugene Tenant Association is a tenant-based public service organization dedicated to renters’ rights and interests. Their free hotline is available to any renter who has a question or concern regarding their tenancy: 541-972-3715. 

Oregon Law Help:


Local service provider White Bird Clinic has compiled a comprehensive social services directory available here:

There may be other assistance in the community for which you qualify. Please check the Lane County COVID-19 Long-Term Recovery webpage for updates regarding rent and energy assistance programs. You may check or call 211 for additional resources.


About Lane County Rent Assistance Programs

Following Department of Treasury guidance, Lane County Rent Assistance Programs will prioritize applicants with the lowest income, highest amount of rent owed, and who have been unemployed 90 days or longer. Those who have suffered the negative effects from the 2020 Wildfires will also receive prioritization. 


This funding is from the Department of Treasury and was approved in the American Rescue Plan. Lane County has access to funds directly and through the State of Oregon. If you received Rent Relief from a different program before, you may be eligible to receive these Treasury funds. If you applied for rent and utility assistance through the State website, you have already applied for this help. You do not need to reapply.  



To increase or decrease the font size on this website, click the A- or the A+ in the upper right corner.

To request accommodations due to a disability, you may call us at (541) 682-3776 or send us an email to [email protected] with the title “Accommodation Request.” 

To view this information in another language, select the “translate” button in the lower right corner. 

Utilice el Traductor de Google para ver esta información en español seleccionando el botón “translate” en la esquina inferior derecha. 

Lane County Rent Assistance Programs utilize the following income eligibility guidelines: 

Source: City Of Eugene

Previous Story

Journey to Gold Begins Friday in Eugene

Next Story

Suspect arrested after unlawfully entering two homes, aggressing officer and victim

Latest from Community