EUGENE, Ore. – The Walter Camp Foundation named Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux to its 2021 preseason first-team All-America team on Thursday.
Thibodeaux, a third-year sophomore, is the lone Pac-12 Conference player on the first team. In his two years at Oregon, he has combined for 12 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss in just 21 games while totaling 73 tackles, three pass deflections, a forced fumble and a blocked punt. In two Pac-12 Championship Games, Thibodeaux has 18 quarterback pressures, 10 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and 3.4 sacks.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound defensive end earned first-team All-Pac-12 Conference honors as a sophomore in 2020 while also claiming All-America honors from the FWAA, The Athletic, Phil Steele and the Associated Press. He won the Morris Trophy, which honors the top defensive lineman in the Pac-12, in 2020 in a vote of the league’s offensive linemen.
Thibodeaux is on the preseason Walter Camp All-America first team for the second consecutive season.
Thibodeaux Career Honors and Awards
- Walter Camp Preseason First-Team All-America (2021)
- Lott Impact Trophy Watch List (2021)
- Morris Trophy Winner (2020)
- FWAA Second-Team All-America (2020)
- The Athletic Second-Team All-America (2020)
- Phil Steele Second-Team All-America (2020)
- Associated Press Third Team All-America (2020)
- Pac-12 Conference Championship Game MVP (2020)
- First-Team All-Pac-12 Conference (2020)
- Pac-12 Conference Freshman Defensive Player of the Year (2019)
- FWAA Freshman All-America (2019)
- The Athletic Freshman All-America (2019)
- USA Today Freshman All-America (2019)
- Associated Press First-Team All-Pac-12 Conference (2019)