Follow EDN on Social Media |

HERMISTON — A gas leak Saturday evening, Aug. 5, forced Umatilla County Fire District No. 1 firefighters to evacuate people from their homes around the 1100 block of Northeast Gladys Drive, south of Sandstone Middle School.

Battalion Chief J.W. Roberts said the department evacuated homes in a three-square- block area stretching from 10th to 12th streets on Gladys as well as north and south. He said occupants of a home within the area struck a 2.5-inch, Cascade Natural Gas line with saws around 4:30 p.m. while digging tree stumps.

#placement_575850_0_i{ display: block !important;
#placement_575850_0_i{width:100%;margin:0 auto;}

Original Article: Source