May 13 – Evening Update


The local headline update for Friday, May 13:

Tim Chuey: Mostly cloudy tonight with a slight (20%) chance of showers late, mostly cloudy Saturday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon with a (40%) chance of showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Saturday night (0.25 in. of rain possible).

Army Corp offering 1K reward for man seen taking pictures at Lookout Point Dam
Have you seen, or do you know this man? He was seen taking photos at night up at Lookout Point Dam.

Stats show spike in UO crime
Crime is spiking on the University of Oregon campus — that’s according to a three month report issued by the Department of Public Safety. But officials say those numbers shouldn’t be taken out of context.

Thief steals lung cancer survivor’s bike
A Springfield lung cancer survivor falls victim to brazen thieves and it’s all caught on video. Finding the bike may help others survive cancer.

Oregon House passes property tax deferral bill
The Oregon House has unanimously passed a bill that could make it tougher to live in a million-dollar house and still get the state to cover your property taxes.

Meth-related deaths up 22 percent in Oregon
The Oregon medical examiner’s office reports methamphetamine-related deaths rose 22 percent last year to claim 106 lives.

Deaths from meth in Oregon up 22%