EWEB - Page 2

April 15 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

[Headline-Sponsor]
041413taxtime72650 copy

 

  • Oregon Secures Second MPSF Victory in a Row
    The Oregon Ducks lacrosse team reached the .500 mark again with a key victory over the Saint Mary’s Gaels at Pape Field on Sunday afternoon. Leading the Oregon charge was Carly O’Connell, who set a new school record with 10 draw controls in the Ducks’
  • Northwest Christian Drops Pair to Eastern Oregon on Saturday
    Northwest Christian was swept by Eastern Oregon on Saturday in a pair of games that saw the Mountaineers’ bats erupt while the Beacons’ fell short. NCU now stands at 7-25 overall and 4-14 in Cascade Collegiate Conference play.
  • Moore Achieves Perfection in Route of Arizona
    Jessica Moore was perfect on Sunday afternoon, as she retired all 15 batters she faced en route to helping lead the Ducks to a 9-0 victory and series sweep of the seventeenth-ranked Arizona Wildcats. Moore’s perfect game came the day after Cheridan Haw
  • Nuggets hold off short-handed Blazers

    The Denver Nuggets are getting good at bittersweet moments. Andre Iguodala scored 28 points and the Nuggets set an NBA franchise record with their 55th victory, beating the short-handed Portland Trail Blazers 118-109 on Sunday but losing

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

April 1 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

[Headline-Sponsor]
CalenderApril09copy

  • Crash of stolen car leads to power outage for EWEB customers
    A total of 183 Eugene Water & Electric Board residential customers awoke to no power on Easter morning after a stolen car struck a power pole on Royal Avenue east of Oak Hill Cemetery Road. The vehicle, a silver sedan, was stolen within the Eugene
  • Woman files whistleblower lawsuit
    A former Versalogic employee is suing the company for $700,000, claiming she was fired after reporting unwanted advances by a fellow worker. The suit was filed in Lane County Circuit Court by an attorney for Karina Pedder, who worked at the tech compan
  • Right of way annexation could spur Glenwood development
    At first glance, Springfield’s plan to annex two strips of Franklin Boulevard right of way doesn’t seem like a major step. But the 2.1 miles comprises all of Franklin Boulevard right of way within Glenwood. And, if the Spri
  • Crash victims’ familyplan memorial at W. 11th & Bertelsen intersection
    Four years after a deadly car crash killed four people in west Eugene, family members of the victims and local businesses are coming together with a new plan to build…

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

We’ll see lots of clouds but just a slight chance of showers today. I would have made up some cute April Fool’s Day headline, but our weather can be wacky enough that the joke could actually be true. So you’ll only get the true forecasts.

Don’t forget to take off those studded tires! Today April 1st is the deadline. The fine is pretty steep so get them off before you get caught.

An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) gave us plenty of sun and warm temperatures, but a low pressure area (shaded flattened out “Crescent” shape) that’s been sitting offshore is sliding eastward south of us giving us a chance of showers. A frontal system broke apart and slide south of us just like the last one did.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″] NONE AT THIS TIME[/gn_spoiler]

High: 67
Low: 45
Rain: 20%
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers today and this evening, mostly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night and Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday night highs 63-67 lows 45-47. Mostly cloudy rain likely (70%) Thursday, showers likely (70%) Thursday night through Friday night, showers Saturday, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) Saturday night and Sunday highs 62-56 lows 47-42. (seasonal averages high 59 low 38)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]

March 5 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

[Headline-Sponsor]

The OSU Beavers released their new look last night.  Love it or Hate it, it makes a statement.
The OSU Beavers released their new look last night. Love it or Hate it, it makes a statement.
  • Build-A-Bear closing Eugene store
    Build-A-Bear Workshop is closing its store at Vally River Center, according to the company website, with March 24 being the last day. The store opened at the center in 2006. Valley River’s marketing manager, Diana Bray, said mall managers are wor
  • Man charged in kidnap case
    Sheriff’s deputies charged a man with kidnapping Sunday after investigating reports of a man being chased by a person armed with a rifle. Robert William Thraen, 37, also faces charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm, menacing, coercio
  • ‘I hope they made a mistake. It’s a million gallons of water’
    Ivan Polk recently moved out of a rental house and into a home of his own. Then he got his final Eugene Water and Electric Board bill from the rental.
  • Oregon Senate approves Columbia River bridge
    The Oregon Senate has approved $450 million in bonds to help pay for a new Interstate 5 bridge over the Columbia River connecting Portland and Vancouver.
  • Oregon State Beavers Officially Release New Brand
    Rumors and pictures surrounding the Oregon State Beavers athletic department had been swirling like crazy the past few weeks, all culminating with the official re-branding of the program that took place tonight at 6:30 p.m. inside of Gill Coliseum on t
  • Ducks Move up to No. 19 in AP Poll
    The Oregon Ducks men’s basketball team (23-6, 12-4) have moved up five spots in the rankings to 19th. The jump comes after the Ducks beat Oregon State 85-75 last week. As of publication of this article, the USA Today Coaches poll has not been released.

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

The rain is back. How long will it stick around this time?

An upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape) has moved out taking the sunshine with it. A frontal system will push in today replacing the sunshine with clouds and rain. An upper level trough of low pressure (Shaded “U” shape) is moving in behind the ridge of high pressure. A frontal system looks like it will be dropping down on us next Monday potentially bringing cold Canadian air with it.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]None at this time[/gn_spoiler]

High: 50
Low: 35
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with rain today (0.50 in. of rain possible), cloudy with evening rain, showers likely (60%) tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible) and Wednesday AM, showers likely (60%) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon (0.15 in. of rain possible), showers likely (60%) Wednesday night (0.15 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night highs 48-50 lows 39-35. Partly cloudy Friday through Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun Sunday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday night, then a (30%) chance of rain Monday highs 50-55 cooling to near 50 Monday lows 35-40. (seasonal averages high 54 low 36)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]

February 24 – Morning Headlines

//
[Headline-Sponsor]

Morning Headlines

ourteamheadliner
This is EDN
  • Man arrested in fatal stabbing in Cottage Grove

    Police have identified the victim of a fatal Friday night stabbing as 46-year-old Samuel Scooter Hunt. According to Cottage Grove police, Hunt was found collapsed in the road outside a residence at Frontier Village, a mobile home
  • Coast Guard closes Tillamook Bay, Depoe Bay, Siuslaw River bars
    The Coast Guard closed the Tillamook Bay, Depoe Bay and Siuslaw River bars Saturday due to hazardous conditions.
  • VIP program could benefit landowners

    The Eugene Water & Electric Board is sponsoring a process that could result in annual dividend payments to landowners in a stewardship zone of riparian forests and floodplains along the McKenzie River. The proposed Voluntary Incentives P
  • More school districts embracing 4-day school week
    Oakridge School District Superintendent Don Kordosky — a burly guy who looks more wrestling coach than district administrator — braces for the question. How can a four-day school week be better for students than a five-day week? The Monday
  • Ducks Take Down Stanford
    Oregon did everything right against Stanford Saturday night, and avenged its worst loss of the season in the process. After a disappointing 48-46 loss to Cal Thursday, Oregon’s balanced scoring and points off turnovers propelled them to a 77-66 victory. The win took away the chance for the Bay Area schools to sweep the Ducks, and payback for its 24 point loss to Stanford earlier in the season.
    .
    EXCLUSIVELY on EDN:
    .
  • Wine Down Eugene
    This weeks Lane County’s premier wine destination and event journal: Julia Crowley’s Wine Down Eugene features a stunning trip to Timberline Lodge and an extensive listing of wine events, locations, tastings and shops.
  • Hopped Up Eugene
    EDN presents the first edition of Lana O’Briens Hopped Up Eugene.  What Wine Down is to wine, Hopped up is to beer.  This edition features a trip to the KLCC Brewfest.
  • Film Fanatic
    Some of us go to church on Sunday, some of us take to the woods, some of us go to the movies.  Let Ryan Beltram’s Film Fanatic be your guide. This week is the Oscars edition, and you may be surprised at some of Beltram’s selections, and his reasons.
  • The Sports Desk
    Sports editor Alex Shoemaker shares his local sports insights each week.  Shoemakers depth of local sports knowledge is refreshing and interesting as he analyzes decisions, events, trends and a little local sports history.
  • Where Did The Week Go
    A wry look at odd and significant events that occurred during the blur of the previous week blazing by.  Includes a review and recommendation for a Netflix pick of the week.
  • Local Lunch Gals
    Discover Eugene’s food and wine scene through the eyes of a teacher, restaurant owner and a wine enthusiast.
  • Blazers Corner
    Being our only National Sports Team, and the fact that there are a lot of Blazer’s fans in Lane County, EDN brings a little regional analysis into our local pool with Ryan Beltram’s Blazers Corner.  Bring your opinions with you.
  • CoachMom
    Dr. Dene Eller – life coach, sports coach, parent and lifelong advocate for childrens sports, Dr. Eller shares her wisdom, tips and insights in her CoachMom column.  Fighting childhood obesity and growing healthy adults is about much more than getting them to eat their veggies – and Lane County offers a diversity of opportunites for engaging your future adults.
  • Pofta Buna!
    Diana Glasser is a food and nutrition writer, currently earning her M.S. in Holistic Nutrition.  She shares her delicious, simple and intelligent recipes and knowledge in Pofta Buna! (Moldavian for Bon Appetite’).
  • Salpino
    What do you get when you couple the style of Far Side with the creative mind of local DJ and artist Cyd Salpino?  You get And Now!.  Salpino is now in his second year as the featured cartoonist on EDN.  Follow the link, or check the bottom half of the EDN front page for the current And Now!
  • Advertise with EDN
    We are the only independent news media in Lane County and our reach and readership are growing daily.  We have effective promotional packages designed to support any budget.  Let us know how we can help.

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

The first half of the weekend was a bit wet, but today will be dry.

The leading edge of an upper level high (Shaded “Arch” shape) is sending colder air down from Canada which is driving snow levels down. A frontal system pushes through Oregon bringing colder air down from aloft. A warm front will brush by us this AM with the cold front moving in by Monday. Another frontal system will slide toward us Tuesday increasing the rain chances. See the pattern here of frontal systems (this one shown on Thursday) that will march through the Pacific Northwest.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTH OREGON COAST.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 50
Low: 32
Forecast: Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy today, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening rain, rain late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), showers Monday, a (30%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy late Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night highs 50-46 warming back to near 50 Tuesday lows 38-32 warming to 37 Tuesday night. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers at night, a (40%) chance of rain Thursday and Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, then partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday highs 49-56 lows 37-40. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]

January 16 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

EWEB moves forward with Riverfront master plan.
EWEB moves forward with Riverfront master plan.

[Headline-Sponsor]

  • State may allow airplanes at Waldo Lake
    The state is getting ready to set permanent rules for how seaplanes can use Waldo Lake, and state Department of Aviation officials want public comment. The department has set a public hearing in Springfield for Jan. 31. The state has banned motorboats
  • City may review camping rule
    At the urging of homeless people and activists, the Eugene City Council appears willing to review the city ordinance that makes it illegal for people to sleep in parks and on other city property. New west Eugene Councilor Greg Evans on Tuesday said he
  • Sheldon Football Champs Nationally Ranked 71st
    MaxPreps ranked the Irish 71st out of more than 16,000 high school football teams across the country.
  • Sheldon boys rally to beat Churchill, giving Lancers two straight losses
    In typical form, Sheldon’s boys basketball team is starting to pile up victories following a slow start. The Irish scored 11 straight points in the fourth quarter to rally from an eight-point deficit and beat Churchill 56-51 in a nonleague game…
  • Local girls basketball roundup
    Scio scored three points in the final seconds to come from behind and beat Pleasant Hill 48-47 Tuesday night in a PacWest Conference girls basketball game. The Loggers went to the free-throw line with about 10 seconds remaining to
  • Axemen seal win at the line
    Eli Lininger scored 22 points and South Eugene sealed its 49-43 victory from the free-throw line in the final minutes of its Southwest Conference boys basketball game on Tuesday. Lininger also had 11 rebounds, three steals and three as
  • Oregon women’s basketball falls to hungry Oregon State
    Oregon went into their game against Oregon State determined to get a win to help propel their season toward more frequent victories. Alas, it was not to be as the Beavers dominated for the majority of the game and ended up withstanding a late push by

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

Today’s weather will feel familiar as we continue starting the day with fog and freezing fog, then a mix of clouds and sun this afternoon.

Cold high pressure (shaded “Arch” shape) is moving through the the Pacific Northwest. That ridge aloft along with high pressure (Blue “H” off the coast) at the surface will keep storm systems away from the Pacific Northwest for the next 7 days. Watch out for slippery roadways late night and early AM due to fog freezing on the surface of the road.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”2″]A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 9 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST. AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM THURSDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, JACKSON COUNTY, AND UNTIL 4 AM SUNDAY FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, WESTERN, CENTRAL, AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 40
Low: 28
Forecast: Cloudy with areas of fog and freezing fog this AM, a mix of clouds and sun this afternoon, mostly cloudy with patchy evening fog, areas of fog and freezing fog late tonight and Thursday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening with patchy evening fog, cloudy with areas of fog and freezing fog late Thursday night, cloudy with areas of AM fog and freezing fog, a mix of clouds and sun Friday afternoon, then partly cloudy with fog and freezing fog late Friday night highs 37-40 lows 28-34. Cloudy with patchy fog and freezing fog Friday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with with areas of fog and freezing fog late at night and Saturday AM, a mix of clouds and sun Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy Saturday night through Monday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), then partly cloudy Monday night and Tuesday highs 45-49 lows near 33. (seasonal averages high 47 low 34)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]

Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

[Headline-Sponsor]

For $15 million, the city could have up to 58,000 square feet, right on the river.
  • Man admits threatening to bomb Eugene post office
    A man pleaded guilty on Tuesday to phoning in a threat to bomb a post office in downtown Eugene in November 2010 — a false claim that prompted police to close nearby streets to traffic and evacuate several businesses. Patrick Florian Smoly, 63, was s…
  • Council eyes EWEB building
    Eugene could get a larger City Hall by moving to the Eugene Water & Electric Board rather than constructing a new or rebuilt City Hall on its present site, city officials said Wednesday. For $15 million, the city could have up to 58,000 square feet
  • Tirade in Eugene courtroom imperils stabbing plea deal
    He admitted robbing a 64-year-old man at knifepoint and stabbing another man who intervened. And he accepted a 7½-year prison sentence. But when it came time for him to let a Lane County Circuit Court judge approve the plea agreement and send him off …
  • Oregon employment numbers remain sluggish
    More indications emerged in October that Oregon’s economic sluggish economic recovery has slowed.
  • Today is deadline for tax payment
    Lane County property owners have until today to pay their property taxes in full and receive a 3 percent discount on the bill. Taxpayers who make a payment by today covering two-thirds of the total amount owed will receive a 2 percent discount. The dis…
  • OSU signs Eugene gymnast
    Churchill High senior Kaytianna McMillan was one of four members of the Oregon State gymnastics recruiting class announced Wednesday. McMillan, who trains at the National Academy of Artistic Gymnastics under coaches Todd and Emily Wayts, …
  • Willamette’s Brittany Glassow lands scholarship at UC Irvine
    Early-morning workouts during the summer before her junior year earned Brittany Glassow a basketball scholarship before her senior season. The 5-foot-11 Willamette senior signed a letter of intent to play women’s basketball at UC Irvine on Wednesday,…
  • Wounded Ducks lose another starter in Lexi Petersen
    Already without three potential impact players because of injury, the Oregon women’s basketball team lost another this week when sophomore Lexi Petersen was diagnosed with a torn knee ligament. Petersen, a sophomore small forward, will miss the rest ..

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

Enjoy the weather today because the chance of rain will return Friday.

There has been a break from the chance of showers with high pressure (shaded “Arch” shape centered at the coast) taking over, but that will end Friday. Another frontal system (the first in a series of storms will push through for the weekend as upper low pressure takes over increasing the rain chances again.

High: 58
Low: 43

Forecast: Mostly cloudy with widespread fog this AM, partly cloudy with patchy fog this afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy tonight, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a (30%) chance of afternoon showers Friday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance showers at night, then mostly cloudy with rain Saturday and Saturday night highs 54-58 lows 43-48 cooling to 43 Saturday night. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Sunday, rain Sunday night and Monday, rain likely (60%) Monday night, then mostly cloudy with rain Tuesday through Wednesday highs 54-57 lows 45-48. (seasonal averages high 53 low 38)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Right lane of Pearl Street closed for four weeks starting Monday due to construction

The Eugene Water and Electric Board will begin its process Monday of repairing the water main that runs under Pearl Street and between East 17th and 19th avenues, closing the right lane of Pearl Street for the next four weeks.

The left lane of traffic will remain open at all times.

Construction crews will be replacing 800 feet of the water main’s cast iron pipes with more durable ductile iron pipe after a rupture of the water main determined the current pipes were in poor condition.

 

October 16 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

[Headline-Sponsor]

Is EWEB a responsible public utility? The newest rate hike proposal includes a 30% increase in water rates.
  • EWEB weighs new rate hikes
    The Eugene Water & Electric Board is proposing rate increases for next year that will add about $15 a month to the combined power and water bill of the typical Eugene household. If approved, the electric rates would gain a total of 8 percent next y
  • Would-be robber leaves bank empty handed
    A would-be bank robber who handed a teller a note demanding cash Monday morning left empty handed
  • County’s funding shuffle contested
    Once again, Lane County government finds itself facing a lawsuit. This time, two labor unions representing county workers are suing the county Board of Commissioners and the administration, alleging they have channeled money illegally from the county
  • Lane County opens season for burning of yard debris in rural areas
    Most rural Lane County residents may now begin burning their yard debris, the Lane Regional Air Protection Agency announced Monday. The start of the open burning season had been delayed for two weeks by the prolonged dry weather, the agency said. Not a…
  • Eugene seeks applicants for open council seat
    West Eugene residents interested in filling an impending vacancy on the City Council have until Nov. 9 to apply for appointment to the seat. The City Council is looking to appoint a replacement for Ward 6 Councilor Pat Farr, who is expected to become a…
  • Race For The Cure to take place Sunday
    Eugene’s Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will take place Sunday, Oct. 21, and will start at Autzen Stadium, according to Race for the Cure’s website. The first of four races will begin at 8:30 a.m. Courses run near Autzen, from the riversi…

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

A wet day today, then the sunshine returns midweek.

High: 65
Low: 38
Forecast: Cloudy with Showers

The Jet Stream airflow will continue to send the storm track our way producing more rain. A frontal system will bring rain today, then things will dry out for a couple of days as high pressure at the surface (shown as blue “H”) and high pressure aloft combine to clear out the clouds for a while. By the end of the week a frontal system will move in returning the clouds and the chance of rain.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Cloudy with showers this AM, a good (50%) chance of showers this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy and colder with patchy fog late Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog Wednesday night and Thursday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday night highs 60-65 lows 38-45. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday, a (30%) chance of rain Friday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Saturday through Sunday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Sunday night and Monday highs 64-58 lows 44-38. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

EWEB weighs new rate hikes

The Eugene Water & Electric Board is proposing rate increases for next year that will add about $15 a month to the combined power and water bill of the typical Eugene household. If approved, the electric rates would gain a total of 8 percent next year, while the cost of …


September 25 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

[Headline-Sponsor]

EWEB Plan
Eugene City Council has voted to allow Public Utility EWEB to begin filing for permits for their riverfront development plan.
  • Suspect at large for sexual assault of female high school student at Autzen
    The University Police Department reported that a sexual assault took place in the gravel parking lot of Autzen Stadium during Saturday’s game against Arizona. The assault took place around 8:30 p.m., in which a suspect lured a high school female …
  • Albertsons ground beef recalled
    Alberstons is recalling a number of ground beef products sold at stores in Oregon, Washington and Idaho, due to risk of E. coli contamination. No illnesses have been reported
  • Proposal eyes mobile homes
    Having targeted Glenwood as an area where they will try to foster new residential and commercial development, the Springfield City Council now faces long-term questions about what type of assistance, if any, it should provide to some cu…
  • Eugene, LCC reps discuss bringing Em-X to campus
    City and school reps meet Monday to talk about several projects. One item on the agenda is a possible Em-X route to Lane Community College to make the commute more..

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[Weather-Sponsor]

[gn_note color=#eee][Accuweather][/gn_note]

More of this beautiful Fall weather will continue through the rest of this week into the weekend.

High: 82
Low: 39
Forecast: Mostly Sunny

A weak trough of low pressure is moved through Oregon and California bringing more clouds, but no precipitation. A cold front is sliding having almost no effect on our weather. A  high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows over the Gulf of Alaska) will move onshore bringing more sunshine to the Pacific Northwest by midweek.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy this AM, mostly sunny this afternoon, mostly clear and colder with patchy fog late tonight and Wednesday AM, sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear with patchy fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, then mostly clear Thursday night highs 76-82 lows 39-45. Mostly sunny Friday, partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Saturday night and Sunday AM, mostly sunny Sunday afternoon, mostly clear at night, mostly sunny Monday AM, then partly cloudy Monday afternoon highs 79-82 cooling to 78 Monday lows 48-44 warming to 47 Sunday night. (seasonal averages high 74 low 45)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

1 2 3 4 7