The March/April 2020 issue of Roast has been released, with in-depth articles on the process of working with the government, and requirements for coffee roasters when it comes to permits…
The Eugene Police Deparment planned to move to their new headquarters at 300 Country Club Road by March or April. But a hold up in starting the renovations and obtaining a building permit is pushing back the cops’ move-in to July.
- Few homeless seek new tent permits
Following the closure of the Occupy Eugene encampment at Washington-Jefferson Park, only a handful of homeless people have taken the city up on a new living option: tent camping at sites for the homeless formerly restricted to car camping. St. Vincent …
- Fatal Accidental Shooting, Brother Shoots Brother
Lane County, Ore — The Lane County Sheriff’s Office says it is investigating a deadly accidental shooting involving two brothers. Deputies responded to a home in the 360000 block of McGowan Creek Road to the report of an individual who had sustained a…
- Store Robbed Twice in Two Weeks
A West Eugene deli and store was held up at gunpoint tonight. Just before 8 p.m. a man wearing a ski mask entered Patty’s at Four Corners and robbed an employee at gun point. The suspect is described as a white male who is 6′ 2″ and was last seen w…
- New parking meters confuse drivers
The City of Eugene installed a multi-space meter for the entire block along 13th Avenue. The result: Folks who thought the parking was free are getting tickets.
- Politicians pull support for Parvin Butte development
State Sen. Floyd Prozanski and two Lane County commissioners are withdrawing their support for a developer’s proposal to remove the rock top of Parvin Butte, crush it and ship it to the coast by rail for construction gravel. Lane County Commissioner …
- Eugene woman jailed after sister reports fight
A Eugene woman faces assault and robbery charges after she allegedly bit and tied up her sister while armed with a knife during a New Year’s Eve dispute in Marion County. Shannon Dimitri, 61, is being held in the Marion County Jail on the charges. Sh…
- Letter carrier who started food drive retires
Mark Nelson has walked 10 miles per day for years. The mail carrier hung up his delivery bag Tuesday after nearly 30 years carrying the mail in Eugene.
- NCU women sign 6-1 forward
Northwest Christian University signed Washington prep player Haley VandenHazel to its women’s basketball team, the school announced Tuesday. VandenHazel, a 6-foot-1 forward, has been a four-year starter at Tumwater High School, helping lead the T-Bir…
Tim Chuey Weather:
Look for more clouds and increasing chances of rain for your Wednesday.
A frontal system, warm front first then the cold front behind it, is missing us sending rain into Washington. A weak upper level high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) held off the next storm until now. The next frontal system is bringing clouds and rain. A frontal system will be pushed in early next week by an upper level low (“U” shape on yellow line). The snow levels will come down with colder air moving in, so there is as possibility of some mountain snow. Mt. Ashland is closed now due to poor snow conditions. Hoodoo is officially open this week (closed today). Still not enough snow yet for Willamette Pass to open for skiing. So far, it doesn’t look like the chances are very good for significant mountain snow to help the skiing season. Please check their web sites for the latest details and updates.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Patchy AM fog and cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), rain tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible), cloudy and cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday evening, then mostly cloudy Friday and Friday night highs 55-45 lows 39-35. A mix of clouds and sun Saturday, partly cloudy Saturday night through Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun Monday AM, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain in the afternoon, a (40%) chance of rain Monday night, then mostly cloudy Tuesday AM, and partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Tuesday afternoon highs 45-48 cooling back to near 45 Monday and Tuesday lows near 35. (seasonal averages high 46 low 34)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com