- Questions for Lane County jail levy backers
The days in the campaign for the Lane County jail levy are nearing an end, but the questions keep coming for Sheriff Tom Turner. At various campaign stops heading into the last weekend before Tuesday’s election, Turner keeps taking queries from v
- Oregon bill would legalize medical pot retailers
Oregon legislators are considering a bill to legalize and license medical marijuana retailers, calling it a step toward reining in abuses of the state’s 15-year-old effort to allow people to use pot for therapy.
- Woman OK after moving into big rig’s path on Beltline, police say
A woman suffered only minor injuries this morning after jumping in front of a tractor-trailer rig on Randy Papé Beltline near Barger Drive in west Eugene, police said. It was not immediately clear whether or not the woman was actually hit by the
- States to get initial money from Japanese gift
- OR attorney general opposes Kinkel appeal
Oregon’s attorney general’s office is opposing an appeal from Kip Kinkel who killed his parents and two high school students in 1998 in Springfield.
- Up in the air: World War II B-17 visits Eugene
A restored B-17 touring the country by air visited Eugene on Friday. Aviation buffs shows up to watch the plane takeoff, land and perform four circuits over Eugene.
- New fermentation tanks arrive at Ninkasi brewery
Three fermentation tanks capable of holding more than 1,000 kegs worth of beer each arrived at Ninkasi Brewing Company in the Whiteaker neighborhood on Friday.
- Woo, McIver lift Ducks men’s golf into fourth at NCAA regional
- Marist’s Nipatasaj makes 5A singles final
- Spartans don’t falter after a fast start at Midwestern League track championships
From freshmen to seniors, Marist got the performances it needed. The Spartans won nine events to claim the boys title at the Midwestern League district track and field meet Friday evening at Silke Field. Marist followed up its five
- Marshfield enjoys a Silke smooth finale in third straight league track title
- No. 3 Oregon’s Jessica Moore big factor in getting Ducks to regional final
- Ducks Win Baseball Civil War Game 1, 3-0
The No. 10 Ducks (43-11, 20-5) didn’t do much after the second inning, but then again, they didn’t need to. After the usual suspects Ryon Healy, Scott Heineman and J.J. Altobelli batted in three runs, Tommy Thorpe took care of the rest, allowing just t
- Emeralds Present the “VooDoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brat”
The Eugene Emeralds and Voodoo Doughnuts have created a new concoction that just may be the wildest food in Minor League Baseball
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather