- Boys say men in SUV offered them soda, invited them to get in rig
- Armored truck driver pulls gun on robber outside Springfield bank
An armored truck driver turned the tables on a would-be robber this morning outside a downtown Springfield bank, pulling a gun on the unidentified man who had demanded he hand over a bag stuffed with cash, police said. The man ran f
- Senate approves Ore. immigrant tuition bill
- “Prevailing wage” bill takes aim at Phil Knight-UO projects
- Man rescued from Willamette River
A man was pulled from the Willamette River and rushed to the hospital mid-day Thursday in what may have been a suicide attempt, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office said.
- ‘Improperly placed pedestrian’ hit by car
A man got hit by a car while trying to cross a Springfield street.
- Ore. fugitive found in Mexico, returned to US
- Timber industry challenges spotted owl habitat
- Lane County provider creates new incentive program to help moms quit smoking
- County picks conservation plan over nudist legacy for river land
- Couple sue city of Florence over flooding
A Florence couple is suing the city over claims that a street project blocked a drainage channel, causing water to pool up on their property and flood their house. Michael and Colleen Ohran, who own a rental house at 5150 Hwy. 101, say
- Oregon coach Mark Helfrich juggles spring football practice script
- No. 12 seed Oregon knocks off Oklahoma St. 68-55
Damyean Dotson scored 17 points and Arsalan Kazemi added 11 points and 17 rebounds to help 12th-seeded Oregon extend a run that began in the Pac-12 tournament by beating fifth-seeded…
- Colt Lyerla tweets conspiracy theory about Sandy Hook shooting
Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla created a stir on Twitter Thursday morning after he tweeted a YouTube link that suggests the Sandy Hook shooting was done by the U.S. government. The video also advocates for the 2nd amendment and the right to own assault w
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
You’ll see a small chance of showers today and Saturday, then drying out for your Sunday.
An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) is replacing an upper level low (shaded “U” shape) decreasing the chances of rain for the weekend. A complex frontal system pushed through spreading rain and hail and colder air dropping snow levels below the passes bringing the cold “Spring Rain.”
[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM TODAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON CASCADES, NOT INCLUDING THE CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY. A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM UNTIL 9 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTH OREGON COAST.[/gn_spoiler]
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight and Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of sprinkles or drizzle in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy with patchy fog late Saturday night and Sunday AM, then partly cloudy in the afternoon and Sunday night highs 48-56 lows 30-35. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, mostly cloudy at night, a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, a (40%) chance of showers at night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday highs 59-62 cooling to 58 Thursday lows 37-42. (seasonal averages high 57 low 38)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com
Benefit For Autism
When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.
[bandcamp album=2124098872 bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti]