Follow EDN on Social Media |

June 21, 2024

Note: Weather is a constantly changing phenomenon and weather forecasting is a combination of science, experience, and intuition. The accuracy of any given forecast can chance due to unexpected changes in atmospheric conditions, so there are no guarantees the the actual weather will conform to the projected forecast.

ADVISORIES

  • A FIRE WEATHER WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON.

HEALTH ADVISORIES

  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

THE WEATHER PATTERN:

An Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (“Arch” shape) brings Summer heat. The graphics for days 1-3  show a frontal system approaching the coast Saturday Then pushing into Oregon Saturday night and Sunday, but not much change except for some cooling. The graphics for days 3-7   Monday through Friday show no frontal systems pushing through the Pacific Northwest until a cold front moves through between Saturday night and Sunday. Another cold front pushes in between Wednesday night and next Thursday.

Forecast For The South Willamette Valley Including Eugene-Springfield:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny and a bit cooler Saturday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • AM clouds, mostly sunny and cooler Sunday, mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Monday, then clear Monday night.
  • lows 52-54 cooling to 47 Sunday night highs 86-77 warming to 80 Monday.
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, clear Tuesday night,
  • Sunny and a bit cooler Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday.
  • highs 84-73 warming to 75 Friday lows 50-52 cooling to 48 Thursday night (seasonal averages high 76 low 49)

Forecast for the Umpqua Valley including Roseburg:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny Saturday, clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • AM clouds, sunny and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon, clear with patchy fog late at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Monday then clear with patchy fog Monday night.
  • lows 56-58 cooling to 52 Sunday night highs 89-79 warming to 83 Monday .
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, clear with patchy fog Tuesday night,
  • Sunny and a bit cooler Wednesday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog and a slight (20%) chance of rain late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog, partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Thursday night,
  • Some AM clouds then sunny and a bit warmer Friday afternoon.
  •  highs 88-76 warming to 78 Friday lows near 55-52. (seasonal average high 78 low 53)

Forecast for the Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly clear this evening, becoming mostly cloudy with patchy inland fog late tonight,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal rain Saturday night,
  • AM clouds with patchy fog, sunny and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon, mostly clear with patchy fog at night,
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Monday, then mostly clear with patchy fog Monday night.
  • lows 48-52 cooling to 47 Sunday night highs 69-67 warming back to 69 Monday.
  • Patchy AM and late night fog, mostly sunny Tuesday afternoon, mostly clear Tuesday night,
  • Patchy AM fog, partly cloudy Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with patchy fog and a slight (20%) chance of rain late at night,
  • AM clouds with patchy fog and a slight (20%) chance of rain, partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Thursday  night,
  • Patchy AM fog, then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday.
  • highs 69-66 warming to 68 Friday lows 48-50. (seasonal average high 64 low 52)

Forecast for the Northern Oregon Cascades including Willamette Pass:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, mostly clear Saturday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Sunday, clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Monday, then clear Monday night.
  • free air freezing level 14,000 ft. rising to 15,000 ft. late tonight, 15,000 ft. Saturday through Monday, then 14,000 ft. Monday night,
  • lows 49-40 warming to 44 Monday night highs 75-68 warming to 72 Monday.
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, clear Tuesday night,
  • Sunny and a bit cooler Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers and a slight (20%) chance of freezing drizzle, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of freezing drizzle late Thursday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers and freezing drizzle Friday.
  • free air freezing level 14,000 ft. Tuesday, 15,000 ft. Tuesday night, 14,000 ft. Wednesday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday, then 7,500 ft. Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 74-57 warming to 59 Friday lows 47-37.