Follow EDN on Social Media |

Eugene, OR.  Eugene Springfield Fire responded to a fire in a downtown business in Eugene Sunday night. Firefighters were called to 191 E Broadway where a business owner reported seeing a fire starting on their security camera and called 911.  Thanks to the early notification, Firefighters were able to arrive quickly and contain the fire to a workbench without damaging the structure.  Preliminary information suggests the fire was caused by a lithium battery, but the Fire Marshal’s office will investigate further.